What's new

Yamaha YST-FSW150 subwoofer (1 Viewer)

machinetoolguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I need something compact for a suround sound system in my kitchen/breakfast room. Does anyone know if this is any good?

I also need small front speakers. When eating the volume is low. But during the day if i am working in that part of the house and wife's not home i may crank it up a bit

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
By small what are you thinking? Are there dimensions that need to be considered to achieve "small" in status? What is your budget?

machinetoolguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
The Yamaha is a good size. I have a tendency to get carried away.for that speaker I would rather pay > 200. But if I found one much better I would pay a few hundred more. I really need small front speakers also. (6x10x10) or less. I am using ones from my pool temporary. They are better than the old ADS i was using. if I could do all 3 for 300 I would be happy but then i go and listen to B&W for 1k and up and, well you know. I don't even listen very loud or spend much time in there. It's the addiction.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Ok so if I'm getting this right you want a pair of small front speakers and a sub for a surround sound system in your breakfast area? You would like to spend about $300 for this and need the speakers to be smaller than 6x10x10? My question is are you using this for a theater type setup or is this just for music? I'm assuming that you don't need to match the center but I just figured I would ask.

Here is what I'm thinking if keeping it below $300...if you go higher of course your options increase.

Sub - Yamaha YST-FSW050BL2 $115

Speakers - You can spend more but if you're not going to listen to them very often why spend too much money is my though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks