What's new

Unreleased Disney (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
2015.....has anyone heard any reliable gossip (hummmmm isn"t that a contradiction?) relating to the release of the classic Disney animation Make Mine Music, Melody time, etc....of course....unedited!! and the rest of the vault Hope they might try and plicate us with these releases since they are not releasing FROZEN, MALEFICIANT, AND HERO correctly.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bob,

Such information rarely leaks from Disney. They are the most secretive

company of all the studios.

Would love to see this stuff released. I share your enthusiasm for it.

However, under the current climate, I would suspect that if they are

planning such Blu-ray releases, they will go straight to the Disney Club

in limited pressings. This seems to be the new trend for the studio who

seems to be running their own "archive" program through the club.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
bob kaplan said:
2015.....has anyone heard any reliable gossip (hummmmm isn"t that a contradiction?) relating to the release of the classic Disney animation Make Mine Music, Melody time, etc....of course....unedited!! and the rest of the vault Hope they might try and plicate us with these releases since they are not releasing FROZEN, MALEFICIANT, AND HERO correctly.
Maybe it is because Disney know that kids should not watch 3D , less it damage their eyes ? Any comments on this? They did release THE LION KING and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 3D however so maybe there are other reasons?.The fact that MALEFICENT died at the box office could be a reason.then again FROZEN was one of their all time animated hits. Doesn't make sense.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JoeDoakes said:
What was edited?

Oh lord, not this again... (We already had it up to the eyeballs in the Gold DVD 90's.)

Short answer, if Disney has anything to say about it--and they do--you're never seeing Pecos Bill's cigarette or "The Martins & the McCoys" again. EVER. Get over this fact, and life will be easier.

I'm still in the conspiracy-theory camp that says we haven't seen the last of Pollyanna and Herbie on Blu, but as for the package films, my sense is that stuffing Reluctant Dragon and Fun & Fancy Free onto Ichabod & Mr. Toad went down a lot painlessly than they expected--Was originally supposed to be a choice of editions, but after a while, don't think we even saw the solo Ichabod anywhere that I know of.

That's a good hint of expecting them to bulk up on packaging the other packages, if there turns out to be too much trouble with getting the live-actions out in '15.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
cinerama10 said:
Maybe it is because Disney know that kids should not watch 3D , less it damage their eyes ? Any comments on this? They did release THE LION KING and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 3D however so maybe there are other reasons?.The fact that MALEFICENT died at the box office could be a reason.then again FROZEN was one of their all time animated hits. Doesn't make sense.

Um, Maleficent "died" at the box office? Or just the 3D version? Following are the stats from Wikipedia:

"Maleficent earned $241,410,378 in North America and $516,342,000 in other countries, for a worldwide total of $757,752,378.[2] Worldwide, in its opening weekend, the film earned $175.5 million,[46][47] $9 million of which was from IMAX locations.[48] It is also the biggest debut among films starring Angelina Jolie,[48] and the actress' highest grossing film of all time worldwide,[49][50] as well as the fourth highest-grossing 2014 film (behind Transformers: Age of Extinction, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and Guardians of the Galaxy), and the 15th film distributed by Disney to surpass the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office.[51]"

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
JoelA said:
Um, Maleficent "died" at the box office? Or just the 3D version? Following are the stats from Wikipedia:

"Maleficent earned $241,410,378 in North America and $516,342,000 in other countries, for a worldwide total of $757,752,378.[2] Worldwide, in its opening weekend, the film earned $175.5 million,[46][47] $9 million of which was from IMAX locations.[48] It is also the biggest debut among films starring Angelina Jolie,[48] and the actress' highest grossing film of all time worldwide,[49][50] as well as the fourth highest-grossing 2014 film (behind Transformers: Age of Extinction, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and Guardians of the Galaxy), and the 15th film distributed by Disney to surpass the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office.[51]"
Everyone knows that WIKIPEDIA is untrustworthy when it comes to printing the facts. I have serious doubts that MALEFICENT was a hit. It lasted for 2 weeks at my local imax.The local reviews were mostly negative. Angelina Jolie is perhaps the finest actor of her generation in the world today but that does not mean that she had a hit with Maleficent. Putting your faith in WIKIPEDIA is worse than trusting a politician.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
cinerama10 said:
Everyone knows that WIKIPEDIA is untrustworthy when it comes to printing the facts. I have serious doubts that MALEFICENT was a hit. It lasted for 2 weeks at my local imax.
That probably has more to do with the scheduling of summer movies in IMAX than the movie's profitability. Even if a movie is a huge hit in IMAX but there's another movie set for IMAX on a specific date, the first movie loses its IMAX screen to the next movie.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
cinerama10 said:
Everyone knows that WIKIPEDIA is untrustworthy when it comes to printing the facts. I have serious doubts that MALEFICENT was a hit. It lasted for 2 weeks at my local imax.The local reviews were mostly negative. Angelina Jolie is perhaps the finest actor of her generation in the world today but that does not mean that she had a hit with Maleficent. Putting your faith in WIKIPEDIA is worse than trusting a politician.

The $750+ million figure was also reported in Variety, The Hollywood Reporter etc. It was most definitely a hit. Unless, of course, you have net profit points in it.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
So, you're saying, "box office" isn't the reason they gave up on 3D disks (but not streaming), then...Hmmm. You're right, that theory doesn't make sense. Puzzling.

Must be something else. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
cinerama10 said:
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=maleficient.htm

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Darby67 said:
I would love to see unedited versions of Melody TIme and Make Mine Music released.

They are unedited on UK dvd but the UK Blu of Petes Dragon is 23 minutes shorter than the US one

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Ejanss said:
So, you're saying, "box office" isn't the reason they gave up on 3D disks (but not streaming), then...Hmmm. You're right, that theory doesn't make sense. Puzzling.

Must be something else. ;)

3D Disney still going strong in the UK but then there's no UK Blu release for Ichabod or Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Mickeys Xmas Carol.

All I'd like on Blu is 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Black Hole.

Most of their other titles I'm happy with on dvd .

A real shame they're joining the other schemes that enable non US customers to be ripped off when trying to get certain titles

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
cinerama10 said:
A few years ago a test was done to see how accurate it really was and a number of articles on different subjects were given to experts on those subjects and over 90% of the articles were found to be accurate.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
trajan said:
A few years ago a test was done to see how accurate it really was and a number of articles on different subjects were given to experts on those subjects and over 90% of the articles were found to be accurate.
...and you think that 90% is good? That's very bad for a site that is supposed to be 100%. They don't even correct mistakes that people tell them about.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
cinerama10 said:
...and you think that 90% is good? That's very bad for a site that is supposed to be 100%. They don't even correct mistakes that people tell them about.
Who says that they are suppose to be 100% correct?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
cinerama10 said:

I trust Wikipedia when the resources for the information/data that's presented are documented clearly and identical to every other reporting outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks