What's new

What is the differences between BOSE Companion 5 and Bose CineMate GS Series 2? (1 Viewer)

Chen Long

Auditioning
I am struggling at choosing between BOSE companion 5 and GS2, what is your guys suggestion? I plan to buy a second hand speaker, and the second hand of C5 is 230$ and GS2 is 350$. Is it worth to spend 100$ to upgrade from c5 to GS2? Or do you guys have any other good suggestion?

Chen Long

Auditioning
Thank you for reply me. So what is your suggestion? I found a lot of information on internet that in this price, C5 is the best choice for a computer speaker. I was thinking about Logitech Z906,but I found that Z906 is more like a music speaker; however, I will use the speaker watching movie more. What do you think?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Look at Audioengine. There are plenty of nice speakers in their line as well as other companies.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
One of those Bose systems is straight-up 2.1, the other is 2.1 that simulates 5.1. So not sure exactly what your after. If you’re mainly interested in stereo, and if you have the desk space these babies will blow those Bose systems away. Craigslist a decent used sub from Paradigm, Velodyne etc. to go with them, and you’ll have a rocking system that will have the Bose owners green with envy.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks