The Features

– Fury – 2014

– Pork Chop Hill – 1959

–A Hole In The Head – 1959

–The Judge – 2014

– The Book of Life – 2014  

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Amazing Grace (1974) (Olive Films)  $19.99
Before I Go To Sleep (Fox)  $12.96
Big Driver (Lions Gate)  $9.99
Book of Life, The (Fox)  $16.99 $16.99 $15.99
Born of War (Lions Gate)  $19.99
Color of Time, The (Anchor Bay)  $13.49
Days and Nights (MPI)  $19.99
Downton Abbey (Season Five) (PBS)  $24.96 $24.99 $24.99
Fury (2014) (Sony)  $16.99 $16.99 $16.99
Hole In The Head, A (Olive Films)  $13.99
Judge, The (Warner Bros.)  $16.99 $14.99 $14.99
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Warner Bros.)  $15.59 $12.99 $12.99
King: The Martin Luther King Story (Olive Films)  $13.99
La cienaga (Criterion)  $22.99
Mas Negro Que La Noche (Lions Gate)  $12.99
My Little Pony: The Movie (Shout! Factory)  $9.99
My Old Lady (Universal)  $13.99
Pork Chop Hill (Olive Films)  $19.99
Regular Show (Vol. 7: Mordecai Pack) (Warner Bros.)  $11.79
Remaining, The (Sony)  $14.96
Return To Me (Olive Films)  $17.99
Sanctimony (Olive Films)  $10.69
Why Don't You Play in Hell? (Drafthouse)  $19.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Amazing Grace (1974) (Blu-ray) (Olive Films)  $19.99
Before I Go To Sleep (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $17.96
Book of Life, The (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
The Book of Life 3-D $24.96 $24.99
Downton Abbey (Season Five) (Blu-ray) (PBS)  $29.96 $27.99 $27.99
Fury (2014) (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Henry V (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $15.89
Hole In The Head, A (Blu-ray) (Olive Films)  $19.99
Jean de Florette / Manon of the Spring (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $15.89
Judge, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $17.96 $16.99 $16.99
King: The Martin Luther King Story (Blu-ray) (Olive Films)  $19.99
La cienaga (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $29.99
My Old Lady (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $18.69
Pork Chop Hill (Blu-ray) (Olive Films)  $19.99
Remaining, The (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $20.97
Replacements, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $8.69
Return To Me (Blu-ray) (Olive Films)  $19.99
Usual Suspects, The (20th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray) (MGM)  $8.99
Why Don't You Play in Hell? (Blu-ray) (Drafthouse)  $19.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of Fury.  It includes a docu,emtary and behind-the-scenes look at the movie, totaling over one hour of extra content.   

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of Justice League: Throne of Atlantis with a FIGURINE.  I'm no expert, but it looks like Aquaman.  This is a separate release from their regular Blu copies.  They are charging $19.99 for it.  

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$11.99:  The Equalizer  (DVD).

$14.99:  The Equalizer (Blu).

$19.99:  Blacklist: Season 1 (DVD).

$24.99:  Blacklist: Season 1 (Blu).

--Best Buy is advertising a BUY 2 FOR $10 on select movies.  Up to 35 titles to choose from.  The two titles shown in the ad are 21 Jump Street and Deliver Us From Evil.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING of Fury.  It also has an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK of Justice League:  Throne of Atlantis.  And, they have an EXCLUSIVE CD of music from Downton Abbey with their copies of DA: Season 5.

--Target is also advertising sales on the following titles:

$10.00:  The LEGO Movie (DVD)

$12.00:  The Fault In Our Stars (DVD), Grand Budapest Hotel (DVD) 

$15.00:  Equalizer (Blu), Gone Girl (Blu), Gone Girl (DVD)

$18.99:  How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DVD), Mr. Peabody & Sherman (DVD), Boxtrolls (DVD),  Guardians of the Galaxy (DVD), Maleficent (DVD)

$19.99:  Boyhood (Blu)

$27.99:  House of Cards: Season 2 (DVD)

$34.99:  Game of Thrones: Season 3 (DVD)

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Justice League (and the score from LaLaLand Records)...and that may be everything, although I have a hard time passing up 2/$10 movies...

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
So how bad can the Blu-Ray really be?

article-1080764-02419940000005DC-221_468x380.jpg

Your naked infants spitted upon pikes!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The review for Downton Abbey can be found here. PBS very considerately sent it to me weeks ahead of schedule, and I went ahead and reviewed it then.

I'm hoping The Book of Life will be forthcoming, but one can't count on anything these days. I also requested Henry V but since Robert Harris has already covered it, it may not come.

Thanks for the prices!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. The Judge is a better movie than the critics gave it credit for -- not perfect, and weighed down with a bizarre "humorous" subplot that actually doesn't do it any favors -- but the vast majority of it is quite entertaining and certainly a great opportunity to see a great cast doing fine work. I would really like to own it, but $22.99 is just too expensive, so it'll have to wait for a price drop.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Amazon has matched the price on Justice League (BD) if anyone is interested.They've also lowered prices on some of the 2/$10 discs at BB; I looked at White House Down and it dropped to $10.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon has reduced the price of the Blu-ray edition of The Judge to $14.99, which matches what they and other stores are charging for just the DVD. On account of this decrease, I went ahead and got it. Don't know how long it will be in place for, though, so I suggest acting quickly if you want to take advantage of this.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike. It seems almost like a price error on my part -- and anybody who preordered it and now can't get refunded has every right to be ticked about it -- but I'm certainly not complaining.

Incidentally, I saw it in Wal-Mart yesterday and briefly considered buying it but stopped when it rang up to over $26. Good thing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, anyone who pre-ordered on Amazon will be fine because of their pre-order price guarantee...

Yeah. Scratch that part. I'm currently working on next week's RoundUp and got confused thinking it was due out February 3rd (rather than this past Tuesday).

====================

I'm with you that it's likely a mix-up on their part.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Thanks, Mike. It seems almost like a price error on my part -- and anybody who preordered it and now can't get refunded has every right to be ticked about it -- but I'm certainly not complaining.

Incidentally, I saw it in Wal-Mart yesterday and briefly considered buying it but stopped when it rang up to over $26. Good thing.
If you ordered from BBY or Amazon there is a pretty high probability of getting refunded since it's a first week title. BBY certainly should refund if their price drops in eitehr 7 or 14 days.

Amazon may not officially claim the 1st week refund (and sometimes even a little longer), but I don;t know many people who chat/email/phone about a price drop within a week of order or even receipt who are refunded the difference. Unlike the auto refund if the price drops before Tuesday midnight, this one you may have to request.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Hollywoodaholic said:
Does anyone know what the bonus disc on the BD of Fury at Best Buy includes? (Besides just deleted or extended scenes)

The disc has a 46 min documentary called The Tanks of Fury and a 28 min featurette called No Guts, No Glory: The Horrors of Combat. The disc is a Blu-ray unlike the Sony/Best Buy exclusive bonus disc with 22 Jump Street. The Tanks of Fury is 1080i whereas No Guts, No Glory: The Horrors of Combat is 1080p/24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks