What's new

Velodyne EQ-Max 12 at Amazon for $399.99! (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My 20+ year old Velodyne VA1012 recently went belly up. Something failed on the amplifier board and it's popping the main power's 2A fuse (instantly). I replaced the bridge rectifier (a common failure item) and a couple of resistors, but that didn't fix the problem. That $10 is as much as I'm willing to spend on a 20+ year old sub that could possibly fail in another way no sooner than I got it fixed anyway.

So, the shopping began for subwoofer to replace it in the under-$1000 range. I was eyeballing a couple of models in the $800 range, including Velodyne's EQ-Max 12, when I discovered the EQ-Max 12 is currently available via Amazon for $399.99! It's a third-party seller, but fulfilled by Amazon!!

Needless to say, I pulled the trigger at that price!! The EQ-Max has received reasonably good reviews, but every reviewer was comparing it to other subwoofers in the $800 range. At HALF that price, I think most reviewers would be falling all over themselves to say what a good deal it is.

So, that is why I bring it to your attention here. Perhaps Ron can add a link to the item on Amazon so HTF will get credit for any purchases. The last I looked, there were only 12 left at that price. Happy shopping!

Mark

P.S. I'll report back with how I like the sub after I've gotten it broken in. It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
At $399 it is a good deal. Compares to the NGX 12" at $269(amazon) and the stf-2 from hsu which are both considered the top values

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Not that I want to hijack this one(I have a thread)...

But found a dead MK V75 at an auction for $2.50...its driver is actually dead, shockingly...(and checked, real MK, not clone)

Any advice on a driver? On my thread there is reference to an Eminence at PE. "Same" driver?

Other good options? Plan on using a Marantz monoblock instead of the onboard amp(even though the amp works).

MK typically uses avg throw, good efficiency woofs. I bet something like 5-7mm xmax in this model. Maybe something like this? http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sd315a-88-12-dvc-subwoofer--295-488

I would use the MK amp if is works...at least give it a shot.

Tom V.

Power Sound Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks