What's new

How about Bewitched holiday eps collections from Mill Creek? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I've really enjoyed having Bewitched re-released by Mill Creek as it makes it easier to have marathons. The degradation of the picture is barely noticeable.

I would love to see a Halloween Collection and a Christmas Collection. These would both be one disc each making it so easy to have a holiday marathon, not to mention Mill Creek's discs are so reasonably priced that they would make great gifts!

Bewitched Halloween Episode Listing
  • Season One's "The Witches Are Out"
  • Season Two's "Trick or Treat"
  • Season Three's "Twitch or Treat" (I would even include the previous episode "Endora Moves in for a Spell" with the bumper shown in this video: )
  • Season Four's "The Safe and Sane Halloween"
  • Season Six's "To Trick or Treat or Not to Trick or Treat." (There is Trick or Treat for UNICEF commercial that Elizabeth Montgomery filmed that year that would be cool to include)

Bewitched Christmas Episode Listing
  • Season One's "A Vision of Sugar Plums"
  • Season Four's "Humbug Not to Be Spoken Here"
  • Season Six's "Santa Comes to Visit and Stays and Stays"
  • Season Seven's "Sisters at Heart" including the opening and closings done by Elizabeth Montgomery.
  • Extras: Season Two's "A Vision of Sugar Plums" and Season Four's "Samantha's Thanksgiving to Remember."
Of course, it would be great if the sponsor openings and credits could be included, but I know that seems to be asking too much, so I'd be happy with what I proposed above.

I hope someone from Mill Creek reads this and brings it up in the next planning meeting:)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I like this idea. Mill Creek has already assembled a "Halloween"-themed TV marathon DVD, so we may be in luck, ya never know.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I have my own personal Bewitched Christmas and Halloween compilation discs that I made for my own use but I would buy a retail version if they made one.

Millcreek did it for Roseanne's numerous Halloween-themed episodes so its a possibility!

Maybe we should petition or suggest it to them. Are they on facebook?

52433_3L.png

http://www.millcreekent.com/roseanne-tricks-treats-8-episodes.html

Most TV shows celebrated the holiday season with warm & fuzzy Christmas specials. But for the cast, crew and creators of ROSEANNE, the year's best celebrations always belonged to Halloween. In these eight classic episodes, the Conners unleash tricks and treats in one of the greatest sitcoms in television history.

Featuring all 8 Halloween-themed episodes from Seasons 2-9 in one ghoulishly hilarious DVD collection!

Episodes:
  1. Boo
  2. Trick Or Treat
  3. Trick Me Up, Trick Me Down
  4. Halloween IV
  5. Halloween V
  6. Skeleton in the Closet
  7. Halloween - The Final Chapter
  8. Satan, Darling

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The BEWITCHED Season 1 episode "A Vision Of Sugarplums" (1964) is on the 2009 DVD by Shout! Factory, MERRY SITCOM! CHRISTMAS CLASSICS FROM TV'S GOLDEN AGE.

As an interesting side note, this is the only instance that I know of, in which the original BEWITCHED Season 1 opening and closing appears on DVD! The latter even includes the split screen "Wardrobe For Elizabeth Montgomery Provided By PFC, Inc. / Wardrobe For Dick York Provided By Phoenix Clothes" listings! As for the opening, I'll have to check again, but even without the opening "Elizabeth Montgomery in Bewitched" audio intro, and the animated sponsor tag that instantly follows, as has been demonstrated by low resolution clips uploaded to YouTube, it did appear *seamless to me!

The opening titles follow the opening scene in this particular episode:
vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h36m53s708.png

The 1964 copyright appears in Roman Numerals, instead of the 1966 (For the Dick York episodes) / 1969 openings (For the later Dick Sargent years) that otherwise appear on the BEWITCHED Sony and Millcreek Season / Series sets:
vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h37m20s420.png

*While I can't say this with certainty, it appears to me that this shot could have been frozen to get around the end sponsor tag? It fades out 2-3 seconds after the opening theme concludes:
vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h37m56s602.png

Closing credits:
vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h39m58s192.png

vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h40m15s179.png

vlcsnap-2016-12-11-14h40m44s513.png

The aforementioned DVD is currently available via an Amazon Marketplace vendor for $4.25 U.S:
https://www.amazon.com/Merry-Sitcom-Christmas-Classics-Golden/dp/B002JYPVS6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1481486864&sr=1-1&keywords=merry+sitcom+christmas+classics+from+tv's+golden+age

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Thanks, Tony! I own copies of all the included shows, other than the Window on Main Street offering, but it's worth the price to get a copy of those original Bewitched credits. Plus it puts all those Christmas episodes on one easy to access disc. :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
^Thanks, Tony! I own copies of all the included shows, other than the Window on Main Street offering, but it's worth the price to get a copy of those original Bewitched credits. Plus it puts all those Christmas episodes on one easy to access disc. :)

Here's a pair of titles that contain more Christmas TV episodes, both under $10:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=Holiday+Treats

The HOLIDAY TREATS disc includes an extra I LOVE LUCY Christmas clip after the end of the 1956 Christmas episode. I don't have the other CHRISTMAS TREATS disc, but it looks like another gem!

Be sure to have some Kleenex handy for the "Window On Main Street" Christmas episode - It's a real Heart Tugger!

All of those posts in another Topic about the lack of available on DVD original BEWITCHED Black & White credits (And music!), and all this time, I had an episode with just these right under my nose! OK, on one of our shelves, but you get the idea! ;)

Last edited:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
One way to tell if the opening is from the first b&W season is if the kitchen is drawn more elaborate. When the show went to color they eliminated the kitchen door, and they joined the counter with the stove.
qxupau.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here's a pair of titles that contain more Christmas TV episodes, both under $10:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=Holiday+Treats

The HOLIDAY TREATS disc includes an extra I LOVE LUCY Christmas clip after the end of the 1956 Christmas episode. I don't have the other CHRISTMAS TREATS disc, but it looks like another gem!

Be sure to have some Kleenex handy for the "Window On Main Street" Christmas episode - It's a real Heart Tugger!

All of those posts in another Topic about the lack of available on DVD original BEWITCHED Black & White credits (And music!), and all this time, I had an episode with just these right under my nose! OK, on one of our shelves, but you get the idea! ;)

I went ahead and picked up both the "Holiday Treats" and "Christmas Treats" discs individually. It was a few cents more that way but I did the "slow shipping digital credit" bit with 2 separate orders. I'll get $2 back in digital credits making it a bit better deal. :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
One way to tell if the opening is from the first b&W season is if the kitchen is drawn more elaborate. When the show went to color they eliminated the kitchen door, and they joined the counter with the stove.
qxupau.jpg

In that case, the "Season 1" opening for the Shout! Factory version must be an odd hybrid, as this screenshot from that disc clearly illustrates a "Color" episode Kitchen insert!:
vlcsnap-2016-12-12-03h00m24s815.png

Oh my, how these BEWITCHED openings have become so mixed up through the decades! SIGH! :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks