What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Fright Night (redux) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I've a feeling that fans of Fright Night, the true fans of Mr. Holland's delightful horror film, will be putting their original Twilight Time Blu-rays on the secondary market, and replacing with the new one (now an edition of 5,000, which will most likely go quickly into the good night).

​While the transfer seems to be identical to the original which has become a collectible, Twilight Time has gone out of their way to make this something special.

A one hour discussion with the filmmakers (Film Fest 2, shot in 2008). Great material.

Two audio commentaries.

One with Mr. Holland, Chris Sarandon and Tom Stark;

another with Mr. Holland, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys and Randall Cook;

Three Shock Till You Drops;

A vintage EPK (avec time code)

Still and memorabilia

Trailers, and as with the original, a isolated music track.

When I spoke with my son earlier today, he mentioned that this was coming. When I told him I had it and was about to take a peek, the message came through load and clear. "I need it!"

I presume many people will.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

​With extras in place...

Highly Recommended

RAH

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Waiting for my copy of "Fright Night"(redux)to arrive...got my shipping notice from Twilight Time Entertainment last Friday, so it should be here by no later than Tuesday or Wednesday...missed out on their original release a few years back because it sold out so quickly...just as the 5,000-copy pressing run did THIS time, so I'm really looking forward to this!!! Thanks for the favorable review, Robert!!! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
If you missed out on this as the combined pressings have both sold out there is a cheap Nordic region free import for under £14 same transfer no extras

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O2B8IHU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B009LQ3VDC&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=12GSBPZQZ94KXSDRM8NY

Why on earth can Sony not just let Twilight Time have an MOD licence for this title someone is asking for £2000 yes £2000 on amazon for the original release this is what happens when you limit supply ebay/amazon gets flooded by collectors who no doubt bought most of the stock to profiteer from!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Right, wrong, or somewhere in between -- can we agree that this is the wrong thread to start this discussion again. There are 3 or 4 (40/50/60) other TT threads the same conversation is going on (again). Can we respect Mr Harris and at least let this this one lonely thread be entirely about this movie and disc and leave the TT discussion out!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Point taken, but not everyone is aware that there ARE other threads where discussion of the subject at hand is taking place.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
As a Gen-Xer who saw it at 16 when it came out, I can honestly say I don't get the appeal either. Give me Lifeforce - the other summer of '85 vampire film - over this any day.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Worth said:
As a Gen-Xer who saw it at 16 when it came out, I can honestly say I don't get the appeal either. Give me Lifeforce - the other summer of '85 vampire film - over this any day.
I like both films, they are both well done and unusual. Course I've got to give extra points for the best looking absolutely nekid vampire ever put on celluloid. :3dglasses:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Stephen_J_H said:
It's an 80s thing. Only Gen-Xers really understand.

I'm in my fifties and love Fright Night! Lifeforce is great fun too, despite Steve Railsback's mostly unnecessary scenery-chewing almost every time he's on-screen. Matilda May makes up for it. ;)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stephen_J_H said:
Gen-X is defined as those born between 1961-1981, so unless you're over 54, you're in, Doug.
Well, I'm a Boomer either way and like the movie.

I always heard Boomers went from 1946-1964 (post WW2 through Kennedy's term) and Xers were 1965-1980 (Johnson though Carter)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks