What's new

Samsung BDF 5100 (1 Viewer)

Gino43

Auditioning
Real Name
Gene
Hey guys....first post in here. Hope to get to know you all well in the future! :D

Here's my situation: My Samsung bluray player seems to be giving me an error everytime I play a movie with "Movie IQ" on it. It keeps giving the "Please confirm your player is connected to the Internet" message.

I've checked my player's settings and I have BD Live connection on "Allow All" and have done a network test via my player and everything is good. Even BD Live doesn't work. I formatted my usb stick and the player recognizes it. It's an 8gb stick (completely empty) so I know it's not the size.

Why can't I access BD Live content or Movie IQ?

I know my player can connect to the internet because I am able to access my facebook app and view everything as well as watch youtube videos through the app. If my connection was down, this wouldn't be possible.

I decided to throw in "Last Action Hero" which has Movie IQ on but can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions? I'm completely lost.

Thanks! :thumbs-up-smiley:

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I remember I had to tell my BD5100 that the USB stick was for BD Live (it wouldn't allow me to upgrade the Disney WOW disc until I did that). I just looked at the manual and I have no idea where I set that. I rarely use the BD5100 and instead use my old Panny BD30 as my main player so I don't remember much about the unit (sorry).

Dig around the menus and you should find it.

I'll look again after I watch a movie later on tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks