What's new

Upcoming games that you're looking forward to (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Another forum I visit has such a thread and it's regularly visited by the regulars, so I thought maybe it would be a good fit around here.

To kick it off, here's my list of games I'm looking forward to (Ignoring PS4/XB1 releases currently slated for this year, since I've yet to acquire either).

Dirt 4: While I still miss the original Colin McRae franchise and view the near death of the traditional rally racer with sadness, I've still enjoyed the first three games. So I'm eagerly anticipating the 4th entry and hope it goes back to its roots and minimizes the extreme sports angle from the previous two games.

This one looks to be a last gen exclusive along the lines of the well received Grid Autosport from last Fall, contrary to what I think most expected. So as a 360/PS3 owner, I have at least one big exclusive to look forward to in 2015.

Zelda U: The Zelda franchise has long been in contention for my favorite series and I'm a big fan of the Wii U and Nintendo's development talents, so needless to say, this one tops my list.

Mario Maker: 2D Mario platforming action and the ability to design one's own levels and share with friends, makes this one of 2015's most intriguing releases. Can't wait to learn more and experience it myself.

Yoshi's Woolly World: Promises more 2D Nintendo platforming action with this unique blend of the charm of Kirby's Epic Yarn, with the platforming magic of Yoshi's Island.

Majora's Mask 3D: I can't wait for this 3DS update to this N64 classic. Ocarina of Time 3D has been one of my favorite 3DS releases and this one looks set to be just as nice of an update.

Sega 3D Classics: Five 80's arcade classics from this legendary publisher are set to release in the 3DS eShop over the coming weeks in 16:9/60 fps form along with a host of additional enhancements. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel in the best conversion of Outrun yet.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know about Sega 3D classics. I'll get that for sure. Also for the WiiU I'm looking forward to Mario Maker, Devils Third, and the new Zelda.

For the PS4:

-Mortal Kombat X

-Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round

-Until Dawn

-Metal Gear 5 The Phantom Pain

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Dirt 4 came out today, sort of, titled as Dirt Rally via Steam Early Access (Which means it's not finished). Happily, as expected, the focus is squarely on traditional rally racing. And like last year's Grid Autosport, it obviously utilizes a lot of existing assets from the previous games and is only $40 as a result.

But how it's being released is rather an odd move by Codemasters, and sadly, console versions remain to be announced and may not happen. So I may be out of luck with the one title that I thought I'd definitely have this year on the 360 or PS3.

At least there's the recently announced NASCAR 2015 for a last gen exclusive racer. Never did play any of the Activision NASCAR titles (Three in total, I believe, not including NASCAR Unleashed which is a Daytona USA style arcade racer). While this one is from a new developer and publisher that now has the NASCAR license, they also bought Activision's NASCAR assets.

So this first entry is essentially last year's game Activision title, with the roster updated to reflect the 2015 season, while the developers work on a future next gen NASCAR title that's their own. Not worth it I'd say for someone that had the Activision game, but hopefully worth $20 for someone such as myself that didn't (They wisely aren't trying to get full price with a mere roster update).

LeoA said:
Zelda U: The Zelda franchise has long been in contention for my favorite series and I'm a big fan of the Wii U and Nintendo's development talents, so needless to say, this one tops my list.

Losing this one stings, but I'm glad in retrospect that it has been pushed back.

Not only should the delay make for a better Zelda game, but happily, I suspect this was the impetus behind Nintendo of America finally localizing and releasing a console Fatal Frame release after skipping over two eagerly anticipated Wii titles in the previous generation.

Fatal Frame 5, a game I thought had so little hope of being released that I didn't waste my time mentioning it in my original post, will fill that gap for me on the Wii U rather nicely. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I kinda hate myself for this, but I'm starting to look forward to Rock Band 4. It's been at least a year or more since I've played three, but the features in this one look dead solid. They brought back the tour mode that I missed so much from RB2, and have taken to calling it more of an RPG. Picking songs on the fly to keep the crowd interested will help move your band forward, things like that. the singing which was flat out broken in RB3 has gotten a re-haul as well which actually rewards you for adding flourishes as opposed to penalizing you for going off track. You just have to make sure you stay in the right pitch. It wont support keys at launch, but they haven't ruled out that keys wont come back to play in the future via a patch, and it will support all the songs you currently own for RB3 with a few exceptions.

I might actually pre-order this one for the PS4.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Love it,, the gameplay is fantastic and with my younger boys, a non violent first person shooter is awesome.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Rumours abound that FALLOUT 4 is being announced tomorrow. I'll be interested in that one even though New Vegas didn't do much for me.

I'm also convincing myself to get Elder Scrolls Online for the PS4. :(

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm hoping for "Journey" HD remake for PS4. Haven't played it. Everyone raves. Have my first Playstation.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I was under the impression that a PS4 port was a done deal.

Nice to see this thread finally taking off. Hopefully everyone will have a lot of new games on their want list after E3 in a few weeks.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo

eShop exclusive? :rolleyes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068851

While I'll begrudgingly support them if this happens (Although I'll seriously consider importing a Wii U from the UK if it gets a retail release over there), I'm going to do an awful lot of whining if paying $60 on the eShop is my only option.

There are very few franchises where I'd ever even consider such a thing. Happily, at least I have the storage room for it since I bet I have at least 25 gigs free right now (This will be a ~16 GB download).

[video=youtube;gXP0UCh2-NE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXP0UCh2-NE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sadly, their idiocy is likely just going to convince them that they were right all along to ignore this franchise.

First, they localize a stupid DS spin-off that stunk, for their first attempt at it instead of one of the Wii games that people actually wanted. And now they're not only going to make sure that both arms are tied behind its back with this release by all but ignoring it, but now they're going to lop them off by making it be an eShop exclusive.

Then, they're going to wonder why the fans that spoke out so much over the years ignored this one...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think No Man's Sky is one of those games that everyone has their own idea of what it's going to be, but it will end up being something completely different and far below expectations. I mean, you can go to random unexplored planets in the universe that are procedurally generated and then...like...mine for materials or something? It sounds like a really cool concept turned into a pretty uninteresting game.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Morgan Jolley said:
I mean, you can go to random unexplored planets in the universe that are procedurally generated and then...like...mine for materials or something? It sounds like a really cool concept turned into a pretty uninteresting game.

See, that's what sounds fun to me ha ha. I think they said the end goal is to get to the center of the universe. you mine planets, whatever, to gain credits to buy better ships. Some planets have inhabitants that attack you. Space battles to, though I hope it's not PvP. they said once a planet is explored, the codex is uploaded so other players can see that the planet has been catalogued and can check out the resources available. It has a team effort sound that is really appealing that would be ruined if you had to fight other geeks to steal their resources.

I mean, can a massive co-operative game actually exist? I don't know, but I'm curious to learn more. IGN is running a first look series on it, I plan to sit down and watch them all when they're done posting. I really like the idea of passively bombing around a universe exploring.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There's an upcoming online PC game from the developer of "Wing Commander": STAR CITIZEN. A co-worker pointed it out to me. It looks to be similar to "No Man's Sky" game in that you can open up new areas for exploration, mining and trading or you can play it as a shooter or a combination of both. The website makes it look like it could be impressive if it does even half of what they claim will be done. So far, he has raised 87 million just from "fans"; although, I wonder how many fans he'll have left if his vision for the game fails to materialize into something eminently playable and not just marketing sizzle.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, Russell, I believe No Man's Sky has PvP combat. You can pick a side and then fight (alongside NPCs) but there is a PvP aspect. It's not one of those asymmetric online games where you play by yourself and your info is sent to the internet. I think they're aiming for something more like EVE (where there's one huge economy that everything is tied to, PvP space fights, space outposts/bases where you can trade and sell things) combined with first person planet exploration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks