What's new

My Girl (1991) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

122388_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Two Fan-Favorite Nostalgic Childhood Classics to Share with the Whole Family
MY GIRL
TROOP BEVERLY HILLS

Each Available Mar. 17 for the First Time - Fully Remastered on Blu-ray

Each Film Includes All-New Bonus Material,
Including Featurettes, Commentary and Deleted Scenes

CULVER CITY, Calif. (Jan. 9, 2015) Long requested by fans, the coming-of-age family favorites MY GIRL and TROOP BEVERLY HILLS will finally be available for the first time on Blu-ray Mar. 17 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Both films will be available separately and have been fully restored at 4K resolution for a pristine high-def experience on Blu-ray, making this the ideal way to re-visit these heart-warming and hilarious cinematic touchstones. Each film also includes all-new bonus features and Digital HD with UltraViolet.

MY GIRL is an irresistible story of first love and loss, starring Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters), Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday), Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone franchise) and Anna Chlumsky (Veep), while TROOP BEVERLY HILLS is a wild comedy about lifestyles of the rich and outrageous, starring Shelley Long (Outrageous Fortune), Craig T. Nelson (Parenthood), Betty Thomas (Hill Street Blues) and Mary Gross (Saturday Night Live).

MY GIRL Synopsis:

A coming-of-age comedy starring Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky. In MY GIRL, Chlumsky makes an extraordinary acting debut as Vada Sultenfuss, a precocious 11-year-old tomboy obsessed with death. Culkin is Thomas J., the boy next door who idolizes Vada. Their summer adventures from first kiss to last farewell introduce Vada to the world of adolescence. Now fully remastered in high definition, MY GIRL is a motion picture to cherish and share across generations.

MY GIRL Bonus Features:

§ All-New Commentary with Writer Laurice Molinari

§ Two All-New Featurettes:

o A Day on Set: Bingo! A behind-the-scenes look at filming the very fun bingo scene with Dan Aykroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis.

o A Day on Set: First Kiss - This featurette offers a rare look at filming Thomas and Vadas first kiss.

§ Original Theatrical Behind-the-Scenes Featurette - Original 1991 featurette created for the theatrical release. Features behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Anna Chlumsky, Macaulay Culkin, Dan Aykroyd & Jamie Lee Curtis.

MY GIRL was directed by Howard Zieff and written by Laurice Elehwany. It was produced by Brian Grazer and executive produced by Joseph M. Caracciolo and David T. Friendly. The film has a run time of approximately 102 minutes, and is rated PG.

TROOP BEVERLY HILLS Synopsis:

Shelley Long discovers that when the going gets tough, the tough go camping in TROOP BEVERLY HILLS. Flamboyantly wealthy Phyllis Nefler (Long) has everything money can buy a Beverly Hills mansion, a classic Rolls, furs, jewelry and designer gowns. The one thing she doesnt have is her husband Freddy (Craig T. Nelson), whos leaving her for good. Maybe. Determined to prove shes still the creative, energetic woman Freddy once loved, Phyllis throws luxury to the wind and becomes the leader of her daughters Wilderness Girls troop. But how much can this chic cookie take before she crumbles? Now fully remastered in high definition, TROOP BEVERLY HILLS leaves the wilderness wilder than ever.

TROOP BEVERLY HILLS Bonus Features:

§ Never-Before-SeenDeleted Scenes

§ Two All-New Featurettes:

o The Real Phyllis Nefler: Ava Ostern Fries- Ava Ostern Fries, the real life Phyllis Nefler, discusses how she was inspired to create the film using her real-life experiences with her daughters Girl Scout troop. She reminisces about her time on set with the kids, Shelley Long and countless other stories about the wonderful time filming in Beverly Hills.

o Shelley Long Remembers Troop Beverly Hills - Shelley Long looks back on her time making the film, including first reading the script, filming, her co-stars, favorite moments, costumes, locations and the real Phyllis Nefler.

Based on a story by Ava Ostern Fries, TROOP BEVERLY HILLS was directed by Jeff Kanew from a screenplay by Pamela Norris and Margaret Oberman. It was executive produced by Charles Fries, with Ava Ostern Fries serving as producer. The film has a run time of approximately 100 minutes, and is rated PG for adult situations and language.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have two of these "black crush offenders".

I don't have LCD TV, so I don't have a problem.

If anybody with a plasma, SXRD, DLP, LCos/D-ILA has a problem...I'll shut up.

But if it is only those that own LCD(TV and projector) complaining...

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
schan1269 said:

You mean you can see the detail in the black area?

Because from what I know and from screenshots that prove this, even if you raise the gamma and brighten the picture the detail is not there. It has been erased! This is not a problem of dark/bright, this is a problem of erased information. Otherwise, we all would change our gamma settings and problem solved.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/338543-a-few-words-about™-my-best-friends-wedding-in-blu-ray/?p=4211824

Fortunately Sony, while in the beginning they didn't acknowledge that there is a problem, it seems from a reply they sent to someone, that they're looking into the issue.

By the way, one doesn't need to look any further for a proof that there is a problem, from this alone:

If there was no problem the Bluray and digital copy that comes with it should be IDENTICAL on the same screen (either LCD, Plasma or whatever).

But they're not!

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
schan1269 said:
I have two of these "black crush offenders".

If anybody with a plasma, SXRD, DLP, LCos/D-ILA has a problem...I'll shut up.

But if it is only those that own LCD(TV and projector) complaining...

I've seen a few owners with Plasmas now complain as well on some of these titles. Whether there is an issue or not (I don't know) I do see more and more complaints gradually coming in on these titles.

It is not a gamma issue on ones set.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
If anyone has got the Scandinavian release of My Girl that was released recently, can he/she please report if the black crush problem has been corrected as in the other 3 Sony titles which were released in Europe with the error corrected? (Annie, The Interview, Fury)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks