What's new

Superman Anthology 8 Disc Set -- Region Free $16 shipped (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
An oldie, but always popular deal is back down to £8.99 at Amazon UK

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology 1978-2006 [Blu-ray][Region Free]

£8.99 on Amazon UK, which translate £10.57 shipped. With a Foreign Exchange Free card and better exchange rate it's now down to $16USD shipped or $16.56 if you use Amazon Currency Converter

Disc 1: Superman: The Movie - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 2: Superman: The Movie - Expanded Edition
Disc 3: Superman II - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 4: Superman II - Donner Director's Cut
Disc 5: Superman III - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 6: Superman IV - Original Theatrical--First time in Hi-Def
Disc 7: Superman Returns
Disc 8: Additional Bonus Material

smurr051958

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott murr
Yeah, got this a while ago, New, from amazon marketplace for under $20.00...didn't know it was the UK region free set though but no problems with it- Same thing with the "Lethal Weapon" BR set-

GregK

Screenwriter
Does the theatrical cut of Superman the Movie have the original Dolby Stereo mix?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
GregK said:
Does the theatrical cut of Superman the Movie have the original Dolby Stereo mix?
This is listed as the options. Those details may be a little above my paygrade. The little I've heard makes it difficult to know exactly what was original, what was changed on various releases, and what remains.

DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (English)(48kHz, 24-bit)
DTS HD 2.0 (English Original Theatrical Mix) (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
German: Dolby Digital Mono
Italian: Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono (Spain)
Portuguese: Dolby Digital Mono

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
The Link in the OP takes me to Amazon USofA.
That is odd -- I'm not sure how it was changed to Amazon.com. I know I clicked it several times
after posting and it went to Amazon.uk set. If you hover over the hyperlink and look at address it still says Amazon Uk, but when you click on it then you get sent to Amazon.com for some reason -- I'm baffled

Somewhat irrelevant now as it;s a dead deal. Current shipped set is around $27

Here's the correct link if you want to bookmark it to check later. The price has been up and down several times in teh last 8 weeks, so I have to believe it will drop again sometime in the near future.

Superman Anthology UK

AnthonyClarke said:
The seller (it's not amazon.co.uk itself) won't ship o'seas.
When it was £8.99 (£10.27 shipped) a few days ago it was amazon.uk and several folks ordered it. The current lowest price are a couple UK 3rd Party sellers who won't ship to the US. You can choose Amazon Uk on the right side of the screen, but the current Amazon price is £17.50

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
I hate to tell you this, but that new link also takes me to Amazon of good ol' USofA.
Well I'll just post it the old fashioned way. I can see that my link is correct, but something the forum is doing
is hijacking it to go to Amazon.com instead. I clicked it 4-5 times yesterday and it directed to the correct webpage, but not now. I'd hate to post why I think this is happening, but I won't go there.

Copy and paste -- the currect Amazon.uk price is £17.36 (£17.55 shipped) on the right side of the page

www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Picture-Anthology-1978-2006-Blu-ray/dp/B004MYF6YK

The nice thing is that it looks like the bank exchange rate just dipped a hair under $1.50/£ . Amazon's exchange rate 1.5578 is only a 4% surcharge which is better than some of the Amazon Euro exchnage rates yesterday that had a nearly 5% surcharge (obscene really).

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
I went to the website (I have recently ordered from Amazon UK, specifically ordered and received the 3D versions of Frozen and Maleficent without problems) and got the following message after placing the order:

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address.

So I guess this is from a 3rd party shipper that will not ship to the US.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Most UK 3rd Party will not ship internationally though there are a few exception.

You can choose Amazon Uk from the Other Sellers -- usually Amazon get an automatically spot on the right side of the page if it's not the default shipper. The Amazon price is relatively quite a bit higher now than last week (8.99 vs 17.50 before removing VAT) so unless you just want the set earlier, I'd advise waiting for the next drop.

$27USD shipped isn't a bad price for this set at all, but with a good chance it will drop back to around $16 within a few weeks ..... Amazon UK usually has a pretty big sale sometime in April if I remember.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
If you ever see it offered by a third party on the front page of the item, just click the link that says something to the effect of "25 new from $25". That lists all the sellers. You may have to scroll down a little bit, but if Amazon has it for sale, that's where you'll find it. This applies to the UK site as well as the US site. Amazon.co.uk definitely ships movies to the US. I've used them several times over the years.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The deal is back on. The exchange rate is up a few cents so current shipped price as low as $16.25 if you
use a exchange free CC or around $17 using Amazon converter.

Nice little bonus to toss into an order to save shipping costs if you are considering one of the Disney deals

Select Disney 3D BOGO - 2 for $32

Select UK Disney 2D BOGO -- 2 for $26

All the listed 3D are Region Free, but be careful in the 2D sale since there are a free Region locked items there.
Also note you can't actually use types Disney BOGO in a single order

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks