What's new

Alice's Restaurant (1969) Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Unknown.jpeg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
"You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant...you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, now walk right in, it's around the back...just about a mile from the railroad track...you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant!!!" Arlo Guthrie's theme song has stuck in my mind for the past 46 years... :P

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Haven't seen it since original release.

There is a restaurant on Skyline Boulevard just above the San Francisco Bay called Alice's Restaurant, and it kind of reminds me of the movie.

Took the link and one-clicked at Amazon.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The closing tracking shot, however Penn and Dede Allen did it, has remained magical in my memory since my first viewing when it first played in 1969.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
At the time ALICE'S RESTAURANT came out in the late 60's, that last shot seemed to me similar to the shot of the church tower stairs in VERTIGO; in other words, tracking backwards while zooming in. Emotionally, this technique seems to express the inner state of Alice at the end of the film, who is looking backward in her mind's eye of all she is leaving behind while determined to move on.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
lark144 said:
At the time ALICE'S RESTAURANT came out in the late 60's, that last shot seemed to me similar to the shot of the church tower stairs in VERTIGO; in other words, tracking backwards while zooming in. Emotionally, this technique seems to express the inner state of Alice at the end of the film, who is looking backward in her mind's eye of all she is leaving behind while determined to move on.
Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks