What's new

Panasonic TC-58AX800U (1 Viewer)

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
I’m looking to use this TV on my PC for gaming and 3D movies. Does anyone know if the TV will accept an native 120hz signal through the DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 inputs. Does the DisplayPort support Adaptive Sync? Can I use Nvidia 3DTV Play with this TV?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I don't see why not. My Panny plasma plays multiple 3D formats (MVC, side-by-side, over/under) and this is also an active 3D display, which means it has to have a refresh rate of at least 120Hz (Real D's spec is 144Hz for 24P material). Have you bought the TV, or is there any way to test in store (NVidia 3DTV Play capable card on a laptop with DisplayPort or HDMI out)?

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
I didn't buy the TV. I did however bring a laptop to a local Best Buy a few weeks ago. I tried out the the DisplayPort input and the highest refresh rate I could select using the resolution 1920x1080 was 60hz.

uVSthem

Agent
Real Name
uVSthem
The TV. When I connected the TV to the laptop I turned off the laptop monitor. Only one display was on.

Stephen_J_H said:
Was that on your laptop or the TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks