What's new

David and Lisa (1962) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

MV5BMTQyNDQzNzg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUwMDQ0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This totally surprises me! I think I was one of five people who saw this during its incredibly brief theatrical run. Do we know what the aspect ratio of the disc will be? The DVD is 1.33:1, which may well have been an open matte.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Another of the five (and I still have my movie tie-in paperback of Jordi / Lisa and David).

Great news, and maybe it will coax the other three out of the woodwork.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm another one of the five people. Limited edition. Maybe 5 will be printed for the five of us! Already placed my order, just in case. Amazon describes it as anamorphic (wrong term for BD), so that gives me hope that it will be widescreen.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Dick said:
This totally surprises me! I think I was one of five people who saw this during its incredibly brief theatrical run. Do we know what the aspect ratio of the disc will be? The DVD is 1.33:1, which may well have been an open matte.
The film was shown in 1.85. As to "five people" - no. The film was hugely popular - it played over three months in one theater here in LA, then moved to a another theater and played there for at least six to eight weeks, then went wide.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
haineshisway said:
The film was shown in 1.85. As to "five people" - no. The film was hugely popular - it played over three months in one theater here in LA, then moved to a another theater and played there for at least six to eight weeks, then went wide.
Memory does not serve me well on this, then (a more frequent occurrrence with each passing year). It will be nice to have another Frank Perry title after having purchased THE SWIMMER. And pre-TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN Janet Margolin is stunning.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I love the film and only wish that some enterprising company would release Perry's subsequent film, Ladybug, Ladybug, which I saw and loved back in the day. Interestingly, I thought THAT one was a huge flop, but I recently got four years' worth of movie sections from a local LA paper and it played about three weeks in one theater, although it never went wide and completely disappeared. But I thought it had only really played a week.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
haineshisway said:
I saw it in my very small home town in Puerto Rico. Yeah, in 1.85. It played one day, but that was normal for all films. That's how I got to see so many films growing up. A diet of one a day.

walter o

Supporting Actor
This will be 16x9 widescreen 1:78. It was a brand New HD master made just last year. The disc will also have a 40minute interview with the star Keir Dullea

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
haineshisway said:
I love the film and only wish that some enterprising company would release Perry's subsequent film, Ladybug, Ladybug, which I saw and loved back in the day.
Did that one have to do with a nuclear bomb scare at a school?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
haineshisway said:
It then became a sub-licensed goldmine on the 16mm non-theatrical market. A huge and continuous number of high school and college bookings for not only David and Lisa, but films like The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.

An important and beautiful film... A pearl of a film...

RAH

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
When I met Keir Dullea, he mentioned that the three films he wanted to be remembered for were (in no particular order that I can recall) 2001: A Space Odyssey, Bunny Lake Is Missing, and David And Lisa. As I remember he had nothing but positive things to say about both the movie itself and the experience of making it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks