What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
kino.jpg

Discussions Icon.jpg

All Kino Announcements will be posted by our Kino Lorber Insider, in this thread

All discussion, reactions and reviews to announced or released Kino product should be discussed in this thread

Kino Lorber Insider will only be answering selected questions in the referenced Announcement Thread. Not this one.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JohnMor said:
This is great. A fresh start for a new year. :thumbsup:
That's what we're hoping for and will try our best to keep the discussion productive and respectful to all.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Robert Crawford said:
That's what we're hoping for and will try our best to keep the discussion productive and respectful to all.

I've never found it difficult to be respectful towards Mr. Lime and I've always been puzzled that some people seem to find it impossible. I think you moderators may have to be a lot tougher and less tolerant with posters who relish conflict than in the past.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robin9 said:
I've never found it difficult to be respectful towards Mr. Lime and I've always been puzzled that some people seem to find it impossible. I think you moderators may have to be a lot tougher and less tolerant with posters who relish conflict than in the past.
I don't think that's going to be a problem this time.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Wait.....MisterLime is back? That's good news in that he sometimes shared specs and release info not shared on the Facebook page. Always good to have an insider.

Anyway, my first question is if Kino is now aware of issues last year regarding audio syncing and if that will no longer be an issue.

Second question: Is there a "second wave" of Kino Classics titles currently planned? If so, will you be able to share if it be more MGM or has Kino been able to get other studio approval (Universal, Sony/Columbia, 20th Century Fox)?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is not the question thread. MisterLime will be participating

in the announcements thread which should be unlocked later today

when he has something to post.

Glad to hear the membership is excited over his return.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Ronald Epstein said:
This is not the question thread. MisterLime will be participating

in the announcements thread which should be unlocked later today

when he has something to post.

Glad to hear the membership is excited over his return.

Okay, so more general forum discussion then? Gotcha.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Guess this is a good time to re-post my MGM catalog wish list again. Between the 100 more titles from Kino and other distributors (and maybe the occasional release from MGM/Fox themselves), most of these should be on tap, right?

Bananas (1971) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)

Bowling for Columbine (2002) (Unless distribution rights have changed since its original release)

Cops and Robbers (1973) Announced!

Interiors (1978) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

The Lion in Winter (1968) (Presumably would come from Twilight Time if film elements issues can be resolved)

A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy (1982) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

The Pink Panther Series (1963-1993) (Presumably MGM will hang on to these to release themselves)

Raise the Red Lantern (1991)

Rhapsody in August (1991)

Shadows and Fog (1992) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

Stardust Memories (1980) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) ABC Pictures (Disney)

Zelig (1983) (Presumably with Twilight Time along with other Woody Allen films)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
[July 2014] Witness For the Prosecution | The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes | Sabata | The Scalphunters | Marty | Separate Tables | Paris Blues | Duel At Diablo

[Aug 2014] Breakheart Pass | Mr. Majestyk | The Children’s Hour | The Unforgiven | Cast a Giant Shadow | On the Beach | The Party | What’s New Pussycat

[Sep 2014] A Funny Things Happened on the Way to the Forum | Juggernaut | Across 110th Street | Cotton Comes to Harlem | The Great Train Robbery | Meteor | Flesh + Blood | Taras Bulba | Elmer Gantry | Run Silent, Run Deep | The Young Savages | Bloody Mama

[Oct 2014] True Confessions | Mulholland Falls | Topkapi | Billion Dollar Brain | The First Power | Jennifer | Last Embrace | Married to the Mob | Desperately Seeking Susan | The Death Kiss | The Naked Face | Gorky Park | To All a Goodnight | Planet of the Vampires

[Nov 2014] Man of the West | Viva Maria | The Bubble 3-D (BD only ) | More Dead Than Alive | Sam Whiskey | White Lightning | Gator | Drum | Coming Home | A Pocketful of Miracles | The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari | The Long Goodbye | Thieves Like Us

[Dec 2014] Witness to Murder | The Emerald Forest | The Package | The Offence (BD only) | Hickey & Boggs (BD only) | The Quatermass Xperiment (BD only) | The Missouri Breaks | Buffalo Bill and the Indians | Avenging Force | Running Scared

[Jan 2015] River’s Edge | Foxes | The Falcon and the Snowman | At the Earth’s Core (BD only)

[Feb 2015] The Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming | F.I.S.T. |Black Sunday (AIP) (BD only) | 52 Pick-Up | Ten Seconds to Hell | Cult of the Damned

[Mar 2015] At War with the Army | Vice and Virtue | Cover Up

[April 2015] Tales of Terror | Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell | Woman of Straw | Late For Dinner (BD only) | Convoy | Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (DVD only) | Wild At Heart (DVD only) | The Wicked Lady | Barquero (BD only) | The White Buffalo (BD only)

[May 2015] The Train (DVD only) | The Secret Invasion | The McKenzie Break | The Evil Eye/The Girl Who Knew Too Much | They Call Me Mister Tibbs (BD only) | The Organization (BD only) | Premature Burial | X: The Man with X-Ray Eyes | Enter the Ninja (BD only) | Revenge of the Ninja (BD only) | River of Death | Kings of the Sun | Invitation to a Gunfighter |

[June 2015] An Eye For An Eye | Hero and the Terror (BD only | Judgment at Nuremberg (DVD only) | Inherit the Wind (DVD only) | F/X (BD only) | The Onion Field | Malice (BD only) | The Land That Time Forgot (BD only) | The Boys in the Band (BD only) | The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977) (BD only) | Needful Things (1993) | Cops and Robbers | Bank Shot | Harry in Your Pocket (BD only) | Sugar Hill (BD only)

[July 2015] Life Stinks (BD only) | Real Men (BD only) | Deranged (BD only) | The Crimson Cult (BD only) | Truck Turner | Report to the Commissioner (BD only) | Madhouse (1974) | Zone Troopers (BD only) | Monte Walsh (BD only) | Prime Cut (BD only) | Rush (1991) (BD only) | Miracle Mile | House of 1,000 Dolls (BD only) | Cherry 2000 (BD only) | Blown Away | Black Sabbath [AIP Version] (BD only)

[August 2015] Still of the Night (BD only) | The January Man (BD only) | The Monster That Challenged the World (BD only) | War-Gods for the Deep | Foreign Intrigue | He Ran All the Way | Storm Fear | Big House, U.S.A. (BD only) | The Front Page (1931) | The Reivers (BD only) | The Revengers (BD only) | Burn, Witch, Burn (BD only) | Navajo Joe | Face to Face | A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die | A Town Called Hell | The Couch Trip (BD only) | Diggstown | Rank Noir (5 DVD Box Set)

[Sep 2015] The Honey Pot (BD only) | Hornets' Nest (BD only) | The Epic of Everest | House of the Long Shadows (BD only) | Hidden Agenda | Unforgettable | Vigilante Force (BD only) | Defiance (BD only) | Billy Two Hats (BD only) | Moby Dick (1956) (DVD only) | Savage Weekend | The Wonderful Country (BD only) | Man with the Gun | Young Billy Young | Support Your Local Sheriff (DVD only) | Support Your Local Gunfighter (DVD only) | Billy Two Hats (BD only) | Moby Dick (DVD only)

[Coming Soon] Gog 3-D (BD only) | The Satan Bug (BD only) | Busting (BD only) | Burnt Offerings | The Destructors (BD only) | Twice Told Tales | The Mask 3-D (BD only) | Moana with sound |

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
That is awsome to hear that comparison video. That is absolutely a genuine stereo track. I've been quite disappointed in how many Blu-rays are getting released that are dropping the stereo tracks. Luckily there aren't too many like this which was originally released in stereo. Most cases are like the Disney Movie Club exclusives which are dropping the modern remixes to go back to original mono.

Perhaps Kino discussion will get started back up here since the official Kino thread imploded.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Mark-P said:
That is awsome to hear that comparison video. That is absolutely a genuine stereo track. I've been quite disappointed in how many Blu-rays are getting released that are dropping the stereo tracks. Luckily there aren't too many like this which was originally released in stereo. Most cases are like the Disney Movie Club exclusives which are dropping the modern remixes to go back to original mono.

Perhaps Kino discussion will get started back up here since the official Kino thread imploded.

Well for me, with most films on Blu-ray (&DVD) it's been the opposite. All those fifties cinemascope movies that I'd only experienced in mono are now in great stereo (& surround-sound), & that goes for a lot of sixties films that I'd thought were mono. Such a shame about the mono sound Taras Bulba, a favourite since I first saw it at the cinema all those years ago. I wouldn't blame Kino, as I've read that the Australian release is the same. I'd think it was - that's it, take it or leave it, from MGM.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is for critical discussion of Kino releases. The HTF Administrative Staff will not allow any further discussion regarding the recent incident involving Kino's representative. Please respect our wishes. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Robert Crawford said:
This thread is for critical discussion of Kino releases. The HTF Administrative Staff will not allow any further discussion regarding the recent incident involving Kino's representative. Please respect our wishes. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
That's fine and I wouldn't have commented had I actually known that, which I didn't. In fact, I missed the entire brouhaha so that's probably a good thing :)

So, are there any reports on recent titles? There are some I'm interested in, but would really like to hear comments. Mrs. Campbell and Woman of Straw especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks