What's new

Has anyone bought HDMI Cables from cablecables.com? (1 Viewer)

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
Looking at buying HDMI 18Gbps Ultra Slim with Redmere and regular HDMI w Ethernet from cablecables.com. Their pricing looks good....just wondering if anyone has any experience buying from them? Thanks

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
Thanks! Just went on godaddy and their domain is taken. The one for sale is .net. I looked at monoprice.com and they were a bit more expensive plus cablecables are in Michigan...I'm in NY, faster shipping. I'll be ordering tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jay:

I live in upstate NY and have ordered numerous times from monoprice. Things don't usually take all that long.

In fact, I am awaiting an order right now. It shipped Monday from California. It is due to arrive on Friday.

13 different cables: seven of them HDMI (and two of those are 10-footers, plus two 6' and three 4'), two 6' Toslinks and four 3' USB to mini-B cables. All for $39.25.

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
Thanks! Just ordered my HDMI cables a minute ago. Will keep you posted on how it goes and how quick I get them.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I get HDMI cable cheap enough from ebay that are bulletproof enough and some long ones as well, over these overrated brand names with rip-off prices. It pays to shop around. ;)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I needed an HDMI cable a little longer than 3' to test my new projector. I didn't want to wait for shipping and found a 6' one at Big Lots for $6. It works fine. I used it for 5 days until my new projector mounting kit came in. Now I'm back to using a 35' Monoprice cable. I can't see a difference in the picture quality.

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
I bought some HDMI cables from Ebay in the past and was pretty disappointed but this was a couple years ago. Plus, I'm in need of some CL3 rated cables for our install. I've ordered them this morning and should have them by Saturday...will let you know how they are. Thanks!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Robert_J said:
I needed an HDMI cable a little longer than 3' to test my new projector. I didn't want to wait for shipping and found a 6' one at Big Lots for $6. It works fine. I used it for 5 days until my new projector mounting kit came in. Now I'm back to using a 35' Monoprice cable. I can't see a difference in the picture quality.
I have 4 metre HDMI from onkyo AVR to LG flat screen and looks fine no issues at all and cost very little maybe £4.99 free postal a few years ago. For projector RGB to RGB same length no snags and it was cheap as well.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
The price seems okay'ish on this Monster THX HDMI 16 feet $22.99 in UK it = £15:15 p+p (couching chocking) £9.88 what are posting in a wooden crate. :D

$_57.JPG

There are others 4m for £4.80p p+p free. 10m for £12.80. I'm adding this ebay listing to watch might buy a few more longer ones. 5m £5.80.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I have Noooooo intention unless it was B-stock sold at £5.00 for 16 foot HDMI lead with free p+p.

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
Got my cables yesterday. Extremely happy. Shipped quick and great prices. The Redmere 18Gbps cables are very nice looking. The CL3 rated cables worked out great. Will be using for install soon. I definitely recommend cablecables.com

Looking at buying some speakers from them soon as well.

Attachments

• 20150111_192536.jpg
    20150111_192536.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 30

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You work for or own the website you are promoting. Your only posts here have been bragging about a site that no one else has heard of. We tell you to buy from other trusted sites and you still go to your promoted site. Its not hard to spot and makes it an absolute certainty that I will never buy from you nor recommend you (and may even tell others to stay away).

You did the exact some thing at AVS and were called out there as well.

BTW - It looks like you missed a couple HT sites. Maybe I'll see you there as well. ;)

redkid

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
First, I do not work for them or own that site. I really don't know much about electronics. I just go by what I read. And yes, I did post on AVS...not sure what the big deal is. Just trying to find some info. I thought that's what these forums were for. I find a site that isn't far from where I live and I just mentioned that I had a great experience.

I see that this site is sponsored by Monoprice and others and maybe that is why you are pushing them...which I understand.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
redkid said:
First, I do not work for them or own that site. I really don't know much about electronics. I just go by what I read. And yes, I did post on AVS...not sure what the big deal is. Just trying to find some info. I thought that's what these forums were for. I find a site that isn't far from where I live and I just mentioned that I had a great experience.

I see that this site is sponsored by Monoprice and others and maybe that is why you are pushing them...which I understand.
I don't tout MP and BJC.

I recommend Vanco and Blue Rigger.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
redkid said:

Nope. Monoprice is not a sponsor of the HTF...to the best of my knowledge.

I just tell people when I've had good service from a company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks