What's new

Avast Blocking on HTF (1 Viewer)

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was reading this thread and then clicked on the link to go back to the forum and got this:

Capture.PNG

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Same crap as well. So mods who was banned last year, to make false reports the site is dodgy. I'm sick of seeing this crap.

10292545_10152983523615149_1761886916089827594_n.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We'll be looking into it, gents. Thanks for letting us know (and providing the screen grabs).

Let me try to understand your comments, though, Andy. You want us to give you a list of the people whom we banned from the site last year? Because you figure that has something to do with these announcements you're getting? How would that info help you exactly?

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Fuck sakes I keep getting these lose woman showing up on HTF and seems to be on cycle happens every 15 mins or so? :angry:

Site has been hacked again and by the same person/s.

10929899_10152983582595149_3634696412684929246_n.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Its getting worse now,

I had that lose women thing show up again and that red banner alert BS. That woman thing is linked to youtube I just noticed it was on my viewing history.

I noticed the video on my viewing history and checked the video and read these comments.

10385474_10152983616205149_2078596204934267603_n.jpg

Edit: another red BS alert showed up at 21:13 hours.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
David Willow said:
I was reading XXXX and then clicked on the link to go back to the forum and got this:

What do you mean you clicked on a link to go back to the forum? You went to an external site (Sony's, should be legit, but suspect maybe because of the hackers messing with them?) and then clicked on something on their site to return here? Or you clicked on your HTF favorite in your browser? Something isn't adding up on that.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
It looks to me like you have adware on your computer Andy not that this is something HTF is introducing.
Running test, to see if this is may so be the case or not?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It's not the site guys - i'm sorry to say.

Andy - you have a malware on your machine that shows up on any webpage you browse, but it is not originating from HTF.

David - your avast is detecting gzip on our webpage, which is a very safe and standard technology used to compress web content and make the site faster. Unfortunately, avast is known for tons of false positives.

Google has some of the most advanced malware scanning technology out there and monitors our site constantly. You can also check any site using the following tool: http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/hometheaterforum.com

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sam Posten said:
What do you mean you clicked on a link to go back to the forum? You went to an external site (Sony's, should be legit, but suspect maybe because of the hackers messing with them?) and then clicked on something on their site to return here? Or you clicked on your HTF favorite in your browser? Something isn't adding up on that.

The link at the bottom of the thread to get back to the forum.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Well I did a scan using a software clean up and remove junk that I've been using for a few years and see how it goes.

Cheers Dave.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Andy - I did find something very interesting on the google support forums. Apparently they had an exploit in AdSense today that caused some people to be redirected to lemode-mgz . com , so it was a Google problem. They patched it earlier today. it affected millions of websites worldwide.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Okay Dave, so the issue been resolved. Maybe it was affecting certain browsers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Worth remembering so as NOT to jump to conclusions that there is necessarily a boogeyman lurking in the HTF wings.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dave. Well everyone was reporting in on last years issue. I'm surprised only me and Dave, have reported it.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So you caught the boogieman? ;)

Thanks for checking on this. I just recently started using Windoze and installed Avast. I used to have a subscription and don't remember it being this bad. I will have to look at something else while I'm stuck with Microsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks