What's new

2015 Blu-ray players (1 Viewer)

kathy13xia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kathy Xia
Do you mean the new 4K blu-ray player? It would be available later in 2015.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If your considering 4k/UHD and you have a working bluray player you might just want to hold off on buying another 1080p HD bluray player. The new UHD blurays are going to be able to play the standard bluray discs as well as the UHD blurays disc. The last think you will want to do is see the new UHD bluray and wished you had waited. I have a player currently but the stupid thing decided to stop playing dvd's but instead of running out and buying a new bluray player and then turning around and buying a UHD player I am going to wait. But if your shure that your not going past 1080p bluray I am sure that the current selection of bluray players would work out very well for you. I would also recommend getting a model that upconverts to 4K and more importantly be sure you get a model that does 3D! You may not want or care about using the 3D part of the player but the 3D models have faster dual core processors and will have snappier performance over the non 3D models. On the upconverting side, getting a 4K upconverting player would help if you end up with a 4K UHD TV even if you do not intend to ever purchase a 4K/UHD bluray player.

If you are looking for a top notch Bluray player that is a flagship quality player and that has top notch features check this out.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103D-Overview.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks