What's new

in search of guard rail for floor mounted seats (1 Viewer)

dada25

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary
Hi All-
When I go to the movies, my favorite seat in the house is the one behind the guard rail so that I can put my feet up. I have a home theater in the house I currently live in and have two rows of recliners. We are building new and I would like to ditch the recliners and go with floor mounted theater seats with a rail system in front. We will have two rows of seating, the second row on a 12 inch riser. I see sites where you can purchase the seats, but how about the rail. Anyone have experience or found a rail online?

Thanks in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
dada25 said:
Hi All-When I go to the movies, my favorite seat in the house is the one behind the guard rail so that I can put my feet up. I have a home theater in the house I currently live in and have two rows of recliners. We are building new and I would like to ditch the recliners and go with floor mounted theater seats with a rail system in front. We will have two rows of seating, the second row on a 12 inch riser. I see sites where you can purchase the seats, but how about the rail. Anyone have experience or found a rail online?Thanks in advance.
Rails are usually safety related. Then just painted.GraingerUline

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I've seen rails on Amazon and Lowe's store site, and thought about one in front of the cabinets I've used for a wet bar. My significant other veto'd the idea, because she didn't want something in the house that looked like a bar. The rails I saw were brass, and made to support some weight, as a foot rail. The had brackets that extended out about 4-6", and could be made to different lengths. If you used something like that, you would have to build something like a low wall section to elevate it.

Another alternative, if it didn't have to support much weight, would be to use curtain brackets and PVC pipe. It could be painted to the color you wanted-but it wouldn't be as sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks