What's new

Munich, The Andromeda Strain, Sneakers - 2/17 (1 Viewer)

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
'Sneakers' is already out in the UK and region-free I believe. Probably be able to import it for cheaper or same price as BBuy.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
The Andromeda Strain is also already available in a region-free release from Koch Media, so Munich is truly the big news here. Definite purchase for me, although I'll wait to get it from Amazon whenever they have it available (not a Best Buy fan).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Never seen this film but I am well aware of the forum's love for it.

I am going to order this blindly once it's (eventually) available on Amazon

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Ronald Epstein said:

The film has controversial political content, though. I don't know how tolerant you are when it comes to such things. It's a Spielberg film quite different from any other he made before or has made since.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Munich is a dark and moving film from Spielberg - one that I am very pleased to see coming to Blu-ray (long overdue!) It also has a masterful score by John Williams that brims with emotional ache. Thanks for the heads up that this is coming!

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Munich is incredibly overdue for a release, I can't believe there has been no HD transfer of such a recent Spielberg film available anywhere for so long. Thank you for the heads up, Noach! This is a great film that I have not revisited in too long, always thinking a Blu-ray release had to be around the corner. I was sad to see it not included in Universal's recent Spielberg Blu-ray set, but glad to see its wait is almost over.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:

Ron,

A very good film and one I think you'll appreciate it considering the world we now live in.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Munich was the best film of that year, but had non-existent Oscar buzz around it. I believe it was all about Brokeback Mountain and Crash then. At least Munich did get a few of the major nominations anyways, but I always thought it deserved more attention. Will definitely pick this up on blu.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
The Andromeda Strain (1971) I'd like to see a 6 track mag masters found for a 5.1 LCR mono surround no LFE.1 needed I'd rather it be L Le C Re R mono surround. Like the film.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Cr
Tommy R said:
Munich was the best film of that year, but had non-existent Oscar buzz around it. I believe it was all about Brokeback Mountain and Crash then. At least Munich did get a few of the major nominations anyways, but I always thought it deserved more attention. Will definitely pick this up on blu.
CRASH was overrated and did not deserve an oscar.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Mason said:
Munich is incredibly overdue for a release, I can't believe there has been no HD transfer of such a recent Spielberg film available anywhere for so long. Thank you for the heads up, Noach! This is a great film that I have not revisited in too long, always thinking a Blu-ray release had to be around the corner. I was sad to see it not included in Universal's recent Spielberg Blu-ray set, but glad to see its wait is almost over.
I have the DVD. Tense drama.

Viva Paramount, showing it now and most nights.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Voila_Capture 2015-01-02_03-31-35_AM.jpg
Strange none of these titles are available on Amazon for preorder.​
I hope these don't become Best Buy exclusives. Hate going to that store.​

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I know this sort of thing is said a lot, but I wish they had stuck with the original poster art. This is pretty much what the standard DVD art was. I still have my 2-disc collector's edition DVD that had the original poster art, but it has unfortunately become a bit scuffed up from having a flimsy outer sleeve for packaging.

Regardless, I'll be glad to add this to my blu-ray shelf!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
atfree said:
The Andromeda Strain is also already available in a region-free release from Koch Media, so Munich is truly the big news here. Definite purchase for me, although I'll wait to get it from Amazon whenever they have it available (not a Best Buy fan).
Well, the import is a horrid joke, color-wise so maybe this transfer of Andromeda will actually have some color

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks