What's new

Sharky's Machine (1981) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

70099_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Will the aspect be the same as the old fullscreen release, only with a masked/matted picture ratio this time? Great film, by the way always loved it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've never seen this film, but I'm a big fan of Burt, & it's not expensive, so I'll be ordering this along with Hooper.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
HenryDuBrow said:
Will the aspect be the same as the old fullscreen release, only with a masked/matted picture ratio this time? Great film, by the way always loved it.
Most 4:3 transfers weren't completely open-matte. They were usually slightly opened up at the top and bottom, and slightly cropped and the sides, and the proportions could vary from shot-to-shot.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Nice to see this being released and knowing WHV, I'd be very surprised if the aspect ratio is not correct, on a blu-ray especially.

The soundtrack for this is fantastic and was just released on cd earlier this year. It includes performances by Peggy Lee, Sarah Vaughan, Flora Purim, Doc Severinsen, Joe Williams, Chet Baker, The Manhattan Transfer, Randy Crawford with The Crusaders and Julie London. This was her last recording.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm expecting the aspect ratio to be what you would have seen in the theater for both this and Hooper. It's part of the reason I'm happily anticipating both releases. Although I frankly prefer Hooper as a movie. Sharky's Machine has some significance as a movie Reynolds directed at the peak of his clout in Hollywood.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Reynolds had been the biggest movie star in the world for 5 consecutive years. That deserves some respect.

His best movies, in my opinion are "Deliverance", The Longest Yard, Starting Over" and "Sharky´s Machine".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks