What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off Bluray Sale starts Dec 16 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up, but several independent reports of the Annual Pre Xmas 40% off Bluray sale will start Tuesday 12/16/2014. No end date is known though it is expected to last through Christmas Eve. BN "Sales" always calculate their price starting from MSRP, not common prices, or daily prices, or current sales prices.

Online the sale should include most (not all) Blurays. Historically some specialty items and large sets have not
been included on the web, but pretty much everything will be included.

There should be some extra discount codes and coupons available sometime over the next week, but I don't have any details yet. I'll post more details once I know.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good until Dec 17 2:59am EST
HOLIDAY14 20% off single item -- one time use, online online, no membership req
BNDEC2014 20% off single item -- one time use, online online, no membership req

A few more expire 12/18 2:59am EST
DEC17BN20 20%off single item
DEC17BN $20 off $100
BNDEC17 $10 off $75 purchase

It appears there almost definitely should 25% in-store coupons active 12/18-12/24
There is a chance at some 30% coupons as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David:

Thanks--again--for all that info.

I just scored Tootsie for $20.73. Free shipping (members perk) 40% sale, 20% coupon. Sweet. :thumbsup:

$39.99>$23.99>$19.19>$20.73 (NYS tax)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
David:

Thanks--again--for all that info.

I just scored Tootsie for $20.73. Free shipping (members perk) 40% sale, 20% coupon. Sweet. :thumbsup:

$39.99>$23.99>$19.19>$20.73 (NYS tax)

I'm pretty sure you have a BN B&M close by. . If so you may be able to get it for around $17.50 in a couple days once the expected 25% instore + 10% membership (or a bit less if the hoped for 30% shows up) -- plus you can poke around and look for other cool items away from the lady with the Superpowers of persuasion.

Other possibilites for Blu- Christmas items -- just for giggles assuming 10% + 25% coupons. Some of these may not be in store, but if you know you want something, have the store get it for you for in store pickup then when you go it's an instore purchase so 10% Member and coupons. Some of these aren't eligible for 40% online or for extra coupons

Batman Limited Edition Complete Tv Series --270MSRP -- $109 + tax -- ( I think 150 is the going price most places for this Xmas)
Batman TV Complete TV set (no swag) -- 240MSRP $97

Jeremy Brett Complete Sherlock Holmes -- 230msrp $93 (a little cheaper last week, but there was some confusion as it wasn't classified properly for the British TV sale)

Criterion Tootsie/Time Bandits/Safe/NightPorter - $16.20 (I listed just the December Criterion since I suspect any of the others folks wanted they likely got at the 50% sale with the 30% BF coupons)

The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug Extended 3D -- $22.25

Mr Smith Goes to Washington -- $8.10 (now I've got peoples attention don't I).
Holiday Inn -- $9.30
White Christmas Anniversary Issue -- $11

All those new Ghiblis' people were complaining of the release week prices (plus I think all the older Disney Ghibli titles):
Kiki's Delivery, Princess Mononoke, The Wind Rises -- $15

Adventure Time Complete 4th Season -- $13.35

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Seems to definite on new in-store only coupons coming out tomorrow via email which appear to be good through 12/24

25% Off Single Item. Non-member/Anyone can use, Unique ID, 1 time use

30% Off Single Item. Member only. Unique ID, single use.

I usually only get a single Member coupon, but I do usually have several extra 25% that I'm happy to share. Just
PM a request and let me know how many you can use and try to get them to you tomorrow night

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
When are the coupons out? I have not seen anything this morning? I am on the B & N email list but so far, nothing.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Seems like a prime time to pick up Twin Peaks!
A few other deals I found intriguing -- price reflect 10% member + 30% Coupon and pretax

Vincent Price Collection V1 or V2 -- 30.24Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series 22.68Twin Peaks Complete 49.14Looney Tunes: The Platinum Collection 3 $17Doctor Who: Matt Smith Years $56.32.Sopranos: the Complete Series $105.84Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection $49Cabinet Of Dr Caligari 11.34

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One more online coupon for those that can't do instore

BNDEC19 20% off Single Item expires 12/20 2:59am Eastern

I do have several extra 25% Instore coupons that I'd love to share. Just let me know via PM and I'll get them to you.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Made a big run today

Criterions Tootsie, Time Bandits, Night Porter, and Safe -- about $16 and tax.
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Twin Peaks Complete for a hair over $50 after tax,.
White Christmas Anniversary BD Set with CD
Parades End
Vincent Price V2 for a little over 32
Hobbit 1 and 2 3D Extended Edition for about 22.50 ea.

This was in addition to stopping by BBy this morning and getting the Halloween Complete Limited Edition 15 disc set for $75 after I PM Amazon and used the $5 MQ from coupons.com I printed last week (unfortunately that coupon has been taken down now). Got so excited I forgot to use a couple RZ coupons.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
David Norman said:
I do have several extra 25% Instore coupons that I'd love to share. Just let me know via PM and I'll get them to you.
IF you do have any more left, let me know. Thanks.

_Man_

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They cracked down on 25% coupons only allowing one use this time (and they had it tracked in the computer). Glad I used it for the biggest ticket item. Probably the last year B/N B&M's around.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hollywoodaholic said:
They cracked down on 25% coupons only allowing one use this time (and they had it tracked in the computer). Glad I used it for the biggest ticket item. Probably the last year B/N B&M's around.
With the unique ID 13 character alphanumerics coupons it should be like that, but I've used 10 of these 25% already as long they are different codes.
The generic with the 6 or 7 digit numeric codes are never tracked.

If you need more of the Unique style coupons, I have plenty of those to go around (a a bit more) so just ask.

Again -- these are instore only, one time use, and expire at close of business Wed night ( 5-6 pm local time)

24fpsNinja

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Thanks David! I got The Santa Clause Triple Pack list price 49.95 for a smidge over 20 bucks, Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks