What's new

CBS-P condensed full-series releases (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What was the idea behind CBS-P releasing all of Taxi, Mork and Mindy, and Family Ties in condensed full-series releases (condensed because all of the discs are contained within one oversized keepcase for Taxi and Mork and Mindy, and two for Family Ties)?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
jcroy said:
It wouldn't be too surprising if it's to clear out old inventory.
Sounds like the most logical answer! I think also that Family Ties was the best example, because the original "family album" version, IINM, had the discs in cardboard pockets that added to the scratching risk, akin to the original M*A*S*H full-series release, and as such, I think the condensed release remedied that very well.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think it's because smaller packaging is more appealing to consumers who (like me) are hard up for shelf space.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Mark-P said:
I think it's because smaller packaging is more appealing to consumers who (like me) are hard up for shelf space.
Another good answer! Lack of shelf space, IMO, was another negative about the original Family Ties full release (the fact that it was very wide and huge and hard to store, another thing which the condensed release remedied very well).

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm not familiar with the CBS complete series packaging. Is it anything like the Sony complete series where they stack the discs on spindles?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
On a side note, wonder if these huge CBS multidisc dvd cases are available on their own. It would be an easy way to save shelf space for many tv show season sets. (From some googling, haven't found really much yet).

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Personally I have no issue with CBS packaging because they are offered at bargain prices! And for someone like me who are very protective and cautious with my discs anyway, the stacking spindle packaging is not an issue. A small sacrifice for the price points!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Ron Lee Green said:
I'm not familiar with the CBS complete series packaging. Is it anything like the Sony complete series where they stack the discs on spindles?
Not with these, it isn't. AFAIK, it's like a normal seasonal keepcase release would be, where the discs are on flip panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks