– The Maze Runner– 2014

Posted Image

–This is Where I Leave You – 2014

Posted Image

– The SkeletonTwins – 2014

– Peter Pan Live!– 2014

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Americans, The:  SeasonTwo   $27.99
Arrested Development:  Season4 $26.93
At the Devil's Door $19.99
Black Sails: Season 1  [Exclusiveearly release at BB] $24.99
Device, The $13.99
Devil's Hand, The $9.99
Eclipse Series 41 [Kinoshita and WorldWar II] $62.96
Extant: Season 1 $36.99
The Facts of Life:  CompleteSeries  [Order directly fromShoutFactory.com]
Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever $12.73
How Murray Saved Christmas $9.99
Katy Perry: Getting Intimate $9.99
Love the One You're With $11.69
Magic in the Moonlight $18.69
Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis:  FinalSeason   $26.94
Maze Runner, The $14.96 $14.99 $15.99
Peter Pan Live! $13.99 $13.99
Peter Pan Live! [DVD + CD Gift Set] $19.96
Skeleton Twins, The $13.99 $12.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [2014]   $11.99 $11.99 $13.00
This is Where I Leave You $14.99 $14.99 $14.99

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
At the Devil's Door   $9.99
Black Sails: Season 1 [Exclusive earlyrelease at BB] $29.99
Extant: Season 1 $42.99
Lord of Illusions [Collector's Edition]   $19.99
Magic in the Moonlight $22.79
Maze Runner, The   $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Skeleton Twins, The   $14.99 $14.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [2014]   $19.99 $19.99 $17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [2014] 3-D   $27.99 $27.99 $27.99
This is Where I Leave You   $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Tootsie [Criterion Collection] $29.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--Notmany new releases this week, but LOTS of "SPECIALS" on catalog titlesat BB & Target.

[font=" Arial;"]--BestBuy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE NINJA MASKS (all four colors!) in theirBlu copies of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

--BestBuy also has an early release of Black Sails: Season 1 on both Blu& DVD

--And,buy The Maze Runner on Blu at BB and get BONUS eBOOK MONEY. Value up to $10.  

--The following recentreleases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu unless otherwisenoted):[/font]

$11.99:  Dawnof the Planet of the Apes

$14.99: Guardians of the Galaxy (DVD), Maleficent (DVD), Sleeping Beauty (DVD),Planes: Fire & Rescue (DVD), 22 Jump Street.

$17.99:  Frozen(DVD), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (3-D Blu)

$19.99: Guardians of the Galaxy, Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty, Planes:Fire & Rescue, Supernatural: S9, Big Bang Theory: S7, TheFollowing: S2, Homeland: S3 (DVD)

$24.99:  TheShield: Complete Series (DVD).

$44.99:  LOTREE Trilogy, Harry Potter 8-Film Collection

$74.99:  StarWars: Complete Saga

$119.99: Batman (1966): Complete Series (DVD)

$149.99: Batman (1966): Complete Series, True Blood: Complete Series(DVD)

$179.99:  TrueBlood: Complete Series+ Bonus Disc

--BestBuy is advertising one of it's ALL HBO IS ON SALE sales.  Nospecific prices are shown for any specific titles.  They justsay that regularly priced items $37.99 - $49.99 will be on sale for $17.99 - $34.99.  Titles shown include: Game ofThrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire and True Detective.

--There'sa Buy One, Get One FREE sale on select movies from Sony.  Upto 40 tiels to choose from.  But the only two shown in the adare: The Amazing Spider-Man and 21 Jump Street ($9.99 apiece).

--Andbuy Arrow: S1 on Blu (Reg. Price $39.99) AND Arrow: S2 on Blu (Reg.Price $54.99) and "Buy Both for $29.99."  Frankly, I'm notsure that means you would get both titles for the single price of$29.99 or that you would buy them for $29.99 apiece.  I justdon't know.  

--Ifyou don't have enough ornaments on your Christmas tree, BB isadvertising FREE MINION ORNAMENTS when you buy Gift Sets of DespicableMe or Despicable Me 2 ($11.99 DVD/$17.99 Blu).  

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has "AWESOME" bonus offers available this week on TeenageMutant Ninja Turtles.  They are also advertising the freeninja masks with their Blu copies.  EXCLUSIVE THIRTY MINUTESOF BONUS CONTENT at Target.  FREE PIZZA & SODA atTarget Cafe when you buy the movie there.  See movie packagefor coupon.  Free offer not available at all stores. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.  And you get topick your favorite turtle cover!  Phew!  Target alsohas the TMNT Casey Jones, Dimension X and Enter Shredd DVD titles onsale for $9 this week.  Cowabunga, dude!.

--Targetis also advertising $5 off, instantly, when you buy BOTH The MazeRunner movie AND any book in the series.  The paperback of TheMaze Runner is shown for $9.99.  Quantitieslimited. No rainchecks. 

--Target has the following titles on sale this week (all Blu unlessotherwise noted):

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0);]$7.99:  I LoveLucy Christmas Special

$10.00:  TheLEGO Movie (DVD)

$12.99:  Noah

$13.00:  Dawnof the Planet of the Apes

$13.99:  Wolfof Wall Street

$14.99:  How toTrain Your Dragon 2, The Jungle Book (DVD), Mr. Peabody &Sherman, X-Men: Days of Future Past (DVD), Think Like a Man Too (DVD),Sex Tape (DVD), The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Orange is the New Black: S1(DVD), Downton Abbey: Season 4 (DVD), Mad Men: Season 7 (DVD).

$15.99: Planes: Fire & Rescue (DVD)

$16.99: Expendables 3 (DVD)

$17.99: Guardians of theGalaxy (DVD)

$18.99: Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent, Transformers: Age of Extinction.

$19.99: Muppets Most Wanted, Sherlock: Season 3 (DVD), Game ofThrones: S1 (DVD), American Horror Story: S3 (DVD), Modern Family:Season 5 (DVD), Big Bang Theory: S7 (DVD), Homeland: S3 (DVD), WalkingDead: S4 (DVD), Black List: S1 (DVD), Fargo: S1 (DVD), NCIS: Season 11(DVD),COSMOS, The Bible (Mini Series).

--Target has FREE $5 in movie cash to see The Hobbit: Battle of theFive Armies in the theater if you buy either of the DVDs of Desolationof Smaug or  the Three-Film Collection[/color].

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $4.75 and $7 & $10. Also the ad shows Blu copies of Epic and Hunger Games:Catching Fire for $10.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Hi allLots of instant rebates at Costco right now on boxed sets. Picked up Batman limited edition on blu with a 20 instant rebate. Got "Taxi" complete series with a 12 dollar instant rebate. Many others such as "Wonder Years" S1 and S2 with an 8 dollar rebate. Sopranos Blu for 159 after rebate. Check it out if you can.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike.

I am getting The Skeleton Twins this week, which is a terrific movie that deserved much more of an audience than it received in theaters, and I would recommend checking it out to anybody who has even the slightest interest in it. Also considering Peter Pan Live, which was flawed in places but occasionally thrilling. I would like to see how it plays uninterrupted on DVD, as the commercials making it into a three-hour show were the kiss of death on the broadcast in terms of keeping my attention.

I would also eventually like to get the Tootsie Criterion, but at that price it's not a priority (I know Criterions are more expensive, but I still can't do that right now, so maybe the next time there is a sale.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Those five second cut-backs to the set in the middle of the commercial breaks with Christopher Walken holding/warbling various long notes weren't enough to hold your attention???

confused-smiley-013.gif

:biggrin:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mike Frezon said:
Those five second cut-backs to the set in the middle of the commercial breaks with Christopher Walken holding/warbling various long notes weren't enough to hold your attention???

confused-smiley-013.gif

:biggrin:
If those aren't included on the dvd ... no sale!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. With all of the sales at Best Buy and Target, this time of year makes doing the RoundUp especially tough, so I appreciate the work.

We asked for The Maze Runner for review, but don't know if Fox will comply. Wait and watch, I guess. I'll eventually get Tootsie during a sales period.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"And buy Arrow: S1 on Blu (Reg. Price $39.99) AND Arrow: S2 on Blu (Reg. Price $54.99) and "Buy Both for $29.99." Frankly, I'm not sure that means you would get both titles for the single price of $29.99 or that you would buy them for $29.99 apiece. I just don't know. "

Confirmation -- you get both seasons for 29.99 total.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
"And buy Arrow: S1 on Blu (Reg. Price $39.99) AND Arrow: S2 on Blu (Reg. Price $54.99) and "Buy Both for $29.99." Frankly, I'm not sure that means you would get both titles for the single price of $29.99 or that you would buy them for $29.99 apiece. I just don't know. "

Awesome detective work, David.

Nearly each week you contribute valuable information to the RoundUp. Thanks.

That's a VERY good deal.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks!
David Norman said:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's funny.

I asked my wife to look at the Best Buy ad and tell me what she thought it meant. She immediately went into the "well, uh, it could mean this...but it might mean that." mode.

So, I said, "well, if it does mean that you get both sets for $29.99...that WOULD be a really good deal (looking at the MSRPs listed in the ad)."

Now, as tolerant as she is of my software purchases, she nevertheless shot me a look and said, "well, I guess if you're interested in that sort of thing."

Knowing her as I do, I was then able to ask, "you don't even have any idea what those two items were, though. Do you?"

"No. But they didn't look good."

:laugh:

So, I explained that Arrow was about a comic book character who is real good at archery. She says, "I knew I wouldn't like it."

Then she continues to look at me...and look...and look. "I finally said, no, dear. I'm not interested in it either. I was just saying that based on the prices it would be a great deal--for those who wanted to buy that show."

Content in the knowledge that I wasn't buying, she went back about her work.

End scene.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
Quite a Superpower she exhibited there Mike
:laugh:

In re-reading my post, David, I could see why you'd say that. But the God's honest truth is that I'm not interested in owning the first two seasons of Arrow.

I used to read the comic book as a kid. I was raised on DC Comics. And the fact that I remember that the strip in those days was written by Neal Adams and Denny Neil goes to show that I spent a lot of time with those comics. But I've never seen the show on TV.

She was just happy to know this wasn't something I wanted.

Green-Lantern-v2-76-00fc.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
DavidJ said:
It's sooooo much fun though, Mike. And WHAT A DEAL!!!
Yeah, it's my favorite CW show right now. The early episodes of season one had quite a few groan-worthy moments, but now that it has found its footing, it's one of the most thrilling action adventure shows on television. Very violent at times though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks