What's new

Northern Exposure on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Would love to get this series complete with original music on Blu-Ray. Anyone heard if we might see this in the future? From Shout maybe? Have the DVD set but would gladly upgrade to Blu-ray. Anyone else?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't hold your breath, unfortunately. This is a Universal title, and they just haven't shown an interest in making the investment necessary to do the show justice. For the first season, they took the time to secure the rights to all of the original music and it jacked the price point sky high.

Demand must have suffered as a result, because they butchered the music with slipshod cheaper replacements for all of the subsequent seasons.

And while I'm pretty sure that the show was shot on 35mm, there's a good chance all of the original negatives burned up with all of the rest during the 2008 backlot fire.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'd be in for this on BD as long as they rereleased it with the original music, which means this is all about as likely as palm trees sprouting in Cicely, Alaska. (hmm, with climate change, you never know)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks