What's new

Hooper (Burt Reynolds, 1978) and other WB catalog coming to BD 4/7/2015 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Source: Warners

LY92Mp1.jpg

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Lovely. The only film I've ever seen at an American Drive-in, I was visiting some friends in San Diego. Another one crossed off the wants list.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
My hands-down favorite of Burt's movies (although I really like THE END as well). I also like Robert Klein as the dickweed director, and Sally Field...and, pretty much everything.This is the only film of Hal Needham's I can stand (Robert Klein does a funny stand-up routine about his experience making this film). A good companion piece to THE STUNTMAN.

Thanks for the upgrade, WB!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Saw this one at the Randall Park Cinemas in North Randall, Ohio back in the late 1970s. I still remember Burt punching Terry Bradshaw in the mouth who simply pulled a tooth out and smiled.

The Randall Park Cinemas have long since closed down and the gigantic Randall Park Mall itself has just been torn down (it opened to grand fanfare back in summer of 1976). I also saw at these theaters, Superman III, Anmial House, and my first ever viewing of Star Wars in 1977 (on a first date with a killer hot chick I just met two days prior at a local swimming facility. Oh memories.

Add this one to my April Pre-Order Purchase List:

Hooper (1977)
April Love (1957)
Sharky's Machine (1981)
The Sure Thing (1985)

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Cool, one of my all time favorites. Man did I watch this so much on the Movie Channel when I was a kid. Definitely looking forward to this!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm glad to see that WB is back to using original poster art on their BD covers. Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is also supposedly coming but I haven't seen confirmation of it anywhere.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hooper definitely needs an upgrade. The DVD was subpar. Great film though.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
ahollis said:
Blu-ray has been good to Burt Reynolds this year and appears to want to continue that love affair next year.
I´d like to have: Stick, The Longest Yard, Semi-Tough, The End, Shamus, Hustle, The Man who lovied women and The best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
SINGLES! SHARKEY'S MACHINE! DETROIT ROCK CITY!
Great Warner Brothers....so much better than an announcement of WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?, SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS or RYAN'S DAUGHTER!!!
WTF!!!!!!????

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ken Koc said:
SINGLES! SHARKEY'S MACHINE! DETROIT ROCK CITY!
Great Warner Brothers....so much better than an announcement of WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?, SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS or RYAN'S DAUGHTER!!!
WTF!!!!!!????
Yes, but with Warner you can always play that game. What! Hooper, & not Bad Day At Black Rock! I think it's right that we get a mix, & it seems there's plenty of classics coming out next year.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I feel WB has dumped practicaly all their classic film into Warner Archive now, there's only about around 100 classic titles that they still show interest in aka (their cash cows)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
darkrock17 said:
I feel WB has dumped practicaly all their classic film into Warner Archive now, there's only about around 100 classic titles that they still show interest in aka (their cash cows)
I'd hardly classify Warner Archive as a "dumping ground", given how well they've treated catalog titles on blu-ray for the past few years...there's been virtually unanimous support for the titles released via that particular outlet. If we can't have brick and mortar releases of the movies still waiting to be released, this is a more-than-viable alternative, IMO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks