What's new

Smash Bros WiiU Sound Problems (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Howdy All,

I've been playing the new Smash Bros for Wii U for about a week now. Great game, loving all of the new touches.

However, I have been having one major problem: the sound is not outputting 5.1. My WiiU is set to 5.1, and the test for it works fine. When playing this game, the rear speakers are not utilized.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Most likely it just doesn't support 5.1 surround sound. A lot of 1st party Wii U games have done this for some peculiar reason.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I had an issue with the Wii U when I first got it. It doesn't use DD/DTS, only PCM. Double check that you're not running into this.

Additionally, I've found a couple results on Google of people complaining that it doesn't have 5.1 surround.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and Pikmin 3 all spring to mind as 5.1 titles to the best of my recollection. The Wii U can definitely do this via HDMI (No optical out, unfortunately), as shown by the test for it that you do in the settings.

But for whatever reason, it's not universal across their lineup of major releases.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
That's truly a shame. It's small touches like this that make Nintendo infuriate me, at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks