What's new

Experts on crt's please help! (1 Viewer)

Taiyaki

Auditioning
Real Name
jo
Hello,

I have an approximately 10 years old crt that was given to me. It's a modern Sony FS100 with the flat tube instead of curved.

Unfortunately I seem to get some noise leaking into the video inputs that's noticeable on solid backgrounds even on component. When nothing is plugged in and I power the tv on while it's on a video channel, during the heat up phase for a couple seconds the screen is white before turning black. At that specific moment I can clearly see the parasitic diagonal lines moving up/down on the screen. It's nothing bad but if I could I would like to get a clearer picture. This happens in different rooms with different power sources so it doesn't appear to be outside interference.

The second issue I have is on black backgrounds. I see what looks like flashlighting on an led, meaning some light being emmited on some areas. Except it moves depending on whether the player is one or off which makes me think it's not wear to the tube but something else. I've seen this on other crt's too that when emitting all black have an area with some light and I never figured out what causes this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
It sounds like a repair issue. Good luck with that. You'll likely just have to replace it.

Best regards and beautiful picture,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consutants affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks