What's new

Uncharted series (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never played Uncharted, and kind of need Lara to be my companion on journeys like this, but it looks good. I like little touches like the scarring on the rock face from the pick sliding down. I guess I expect too much from next-gen, because I was hoping his pants and shirt would be darker from the waterline down.

I've never had a PS other than a PSP, but I've been thinking about it for the upgraded Tomb Raider. I'll definitely get this, too, if I do.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Time to dust off and finish Uncharted 3 in preparation for this one.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope that Golden Abyss is ported to the PS3 around the same time. Seems a shame to see that one remain exclusive to the small screen.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is one of the sole reasons why I'm purchasing a PS4 in January.
Also considering taking a week off from work when Uncharted 4 comes out.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
I love the Uncharted series. Golden Abyss is the reason I picked up a Vita around its launch & Uncharted 1 was my initial reason for buying a PS3. I cant wait for the 4th.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I actually think the new Batman might suck. The big delays of Arkham Knight and their push on "better graphics and the batmobile!" doesn't inspire much confidence. I think they've probably done all they can do with the property at this point.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Always amazing how much polar opposite our opinions tend to be Morgan. =)

Delaying games for polish is the best thing in the world IMO. I cannot think of a game where it hasn't made a difference with the exception of Duke Nukem Forever. They just delayed The Witcher 3 into 2015 and the developer was quite candid that the market is NOT accepting of rushed games. When it's done is the best time, but of course most are never truly done these days. But having broken messes at this point is completely unacceptable, Halo MCC has made that exceptionally clear.

Everything I have seen WRT to the new Batman has it looking stellar, and I've never personally gotten into the fighting mechanics of that game but I truly wish I did, cause the story, visuals and action all rise to the top of their classes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I played and enjoyed Arkham Asylum, City, Origins, and Blackgate. The fighting system is great, the side missions are a lot of fun, the stories were pretty good (especially Origins, actually), but honestly there's really little left to add to the formula. This may be an example of a franchise that should just be left as it is or be content with just doing new stories in the same mold. Really, more of the same can be a good thing but I am not sure there's much beyond that that they could really do. The videos I've seen of the Batmobile stuff look cool, but it doesn't seem like something I'd probably actually choose to do all that much and would rather be like "ugh, another batmobile segment" by the end of the game. I've also read a couple previews that aren't super optimistic.

There's also "delay it to polish it more" and "delay it to try and fix it." I think this generation is currently defined by games that are poorly designed because the emphasis was on graphics. But that's kind of how each generation starts. I'm looking at Watch Dogs, AC:Unity...well, a lot of Ubisoft stuff I guess.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I loved Watch Dogs =p Painting that in the same corner with the mess that is apparently the newest Assassin's Creed seems off. It lived up pretty damn well to the launch trailer from 2 years prior, how many games can say the same? Have you actually played it?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
I loved Watch Dogs =p Painting that in the same corner with the mess that is apparently the newest Assassin's Creed seems off. It lived up pretty damn well to the launch trailer from 2 years prior, how many games can say the same? Have you actually played it?
I was going to buy it, but everyone kept saying the story stunk and that put me off of it. I play a lot of these games because of the story mode, not in spite of it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm figuring that it is going to end up free on PS+ in the near future. I'll download it and give it a try when that occurs.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I got the impression that Ubisoft kind of dropped the ball with everything this year except Far Cry 4. Watch Dogs fell into the same category as Destiny: an overly hyped 7/10.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
Sam Posten said:
I also loved Watch Dogs. Its one of my favorite games of this year. I enjoyed the story very much, better then GTA V which I never even bothered to finish on PS3.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I still plan to pick up Watch Dogs when I buy a PS4.

The Crew is also intriguing and has my interest, although I hope that they've patched in a offline mode by the time I pick it up (Single player is its strong point, yet you're forced to connect to an unreliable server that is causing stability issues and which will someday be taken down).

I loved the Test Drive Unlimited franchise and see a lot of that heritage when watching video of this one in action.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Rumor that Uncharted 4 wants a July 31st 2015 release date.
It's a Friday though...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My PS3 would probably cover me for the rest of my life, but I will eventually want to play Uncharted 4. Maybe I'll pick it up when the PS5 is announced. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks