What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time March/April 2015 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
xpost-269895-0-95288600-1417801805.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.RZiZ_p4NmP.jpg

THE BOUNTY (1984) BLU-RAY - March 10th

SOLOMON AND SHEBA (1959) BLU-RAY - March 10th

THE FIRST MEN IN THE MOON (1964) BLU-RAY - March 10th

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959) BLU-RAY - March 10th (New 4k Restoration)

U TURN (1997) BLU-RAY - March 10th

THE STORY OF ADELE H (1975) BLU-RAY - April 14th

THE FANTASTICKS (1995) BLU-RAY - April 14th

APRIL LOVE (1957) BLU-RAY - April 14th

THE REMAINS OF THE DAY (1993) BLU-RAY - April 14th

RICHARD III (1995) BLU-RAY - April 14th

2015 to date...

THE BRIDE WORE BLACK (1968) BLU-RAY - Jan 20th
THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO (1985) BLU-RAY - Jan 20th
BREAKING AWAY (1979) BLU-RAY - Jan 20th
FRIGHT NIGHT: 30th Anniversary Edition (1985) BLU-RAY - Jan 20th
BANDIT QUEEN (1994) BLU-RAY - Jan 20th
LENNY (1974) BLU-RAY - Feb 10th
LOVE AND DEATH (1975) BLU-RAY - Feb 10th
THE ST VALENTINE’S DAY MASSACRE (1967) BLU-RAY - Feb 10th
STORMY WEATHER (1943) BLU-RAY - Feb 10th
TO SIR, WITH LOVE (1967) BLU-RAY - Feb 10th
ZARDOZ (1974) BLU-RAY - Feb 24th

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
Ronald Epstein said:
EXCLUSIVE TWILIGHT TIME ANNOUNCEMENT
Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these March Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within the hour without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!
Ron, these were posted over at the other forum earlier today and even on TT FB page?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
The Bounty?? Oh, now I have to start buying TT disks, to get another DVD off my shelf! :D

(First Men in the Moon is also classic Schneer/Harryhausen, and Richard III is one of the better post-Branagh Shakespeares, not to mention one of the few good non-Tolkien/Marvel performances for Ian McKellen.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That Facebook post went up 20 minutes ago. That's not very early.

We were due to post this at 2pm EST (over 30 minutes ago)

We ran late with this announcement by 30 minutes due to me getting caught later at work than expected.

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
about an hour ago maybe? A poster here even posted in this forum that list.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tama said:
about an hour ago maybe?

No way. I just looked at TT Facebook page. That release news was posted 20 minutes ago.

There is no way the other forum had that announcement until then. They were not supplied
with it in advance like we were.

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
Ronald Epstein said:
No way. I just looked at TT Facebook page. That was posted 20 minutes ago.
No on the other forum. That went up even before TT FB update? Not the other forum directly. A poster.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I know the poster. He steals our stuff doesn't give credit to the source.

It was not posted an hour ago. He did not have the list.

We are the only forum with the advance list.

TT on posted it on their Facebook page less than 30 minutes ago.

He took it off their site.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ah, a remastered Journey To The Centre Of The Earth. I have the Australian Blu-ray, which I understand is the same as the TT release, & I wasn't very impressed with the picture, very harsh looking. If this is a good upgrade I'll double dip, as this has been a big favourite for many decades (since I was 11).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Tempted by Journey To The Center Of The Earth, First Men In The Moon, and U Turn.

"U Turn" is one of those movies that I only see once in a blue moon, but last time I went to watch it, I rented or borrowed the DVD and remember being disappointed by the quality. Might be worth it. And I'm usually a sucker for classic sci-fi!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Seriously, no love for The Bounty? It was pretty much ignored in '84 for being "What, another Mutiny?", but it's probably the best version (with Robert Bolt screenplay) over the dumbed-down Laughton/Gable and the mis-ambitioned Brando/Howard--
The "deconstructionist version", with Hopkins depicting a more realistically sympathetic Capt. Bligh, desperately trying to restore his naval career, and puritanically believing too much that the Royal Navy would rebuild character after the freedom of Tahiti.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I predicted U-Turn coming from TT. I am thrilled to finally get this film in HD. I think this is one of Oliver Stone's best films. I still remember blind buying the DVD the day it came out and I paid 30.00 for it! I was working overnight shifts at the time and I remember watching it drained of energy when I should have been sleeping and thinking this film was like an episode of Twilght Zone where the character finds himself in a small town and of course he can't seem to get out no matter what he does. The casting for all the parts was just genius. Aida Linares as the grocery store (owner I believe) She steals every scene she is in. Billy Bob Thornton owns his role. Also was awesome seeing Bo Hopkins in the diner.Great editing, great Morricone score.Please let there by a Commentary track from Oliver Stone and or Redman/ Kirgo Update: It has been confirmed by another member a commentary was recorded. (Participants unclear) I really think I should be sent a check disc asap for this title. :) I can't wait to hear the film in HD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks