What's new

Olive Kitteridge (Blu-ray) (DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

81tZy--FrzL._SL1500_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I just watched this HBO mini-series over the past couple of days.

I'm not a reviewer and marvel at how the HTF Review Staff consistently churns out well-written top-quality reviews which educate and inform the membership about DVD/Blu releases. But I feel compelled to want to let people know about this high-quality product.

I knew virtually nothing about the production. What attracted me to it were the names Frances McDormand, Richard Jenkins and Bill Murray. The rest was gravy. It turned out the entire production: cinematography, music, supporting case and especially the writing were all top-notch and first-rate.

It was an extremely well-written and well-acted character study of a small group of people in a small town in Maine. There were recurring themes and imagery. There was a focus on depression and mental illness among the characters as well as coping with grief and family issues. The Maine coast (ably played by the Massachusetts coast) was another member of the supporting cast.

McDormand and Jenkins play husband & wife Henry and Olive Kitteridge. The story (which spans decades) revolves around their personal relationship and their relationship with their son. There are also other complicated relationships which are revealed along the way--mostly involving other citizens of their small town.

While some may wonder what the point of the story is (since it's not a typical a>b arc), as I described it is a character study which reveals through a number of interesting tales how these characters relate to one another and highlights their fears and difficulties in relating to those around them.

I cannot recommend this highly for those who are interested in that kind of story which is extremely intelligent and well-written.

It is broken into four separate one-hour episodes.

The show is based on the 2009 Pulitzer prize winning novel by Elizabeth Strout. it won six awards at the 2015 Emmys.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks