What's new

CBS Storybreak Release (1 Viewer)

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
There is credible information that some or all the episodes have been released in Australia by a combined group of companies that have full or partial rights. This group, '20th Century Fox Australia's Southern Star and America's Hanna-Barbera Productions for CBS Entertainment CBS Storybreak' their version probably compatible for region 4.

The question is if region 4 is viewable in the US and if it's retailed in Australia.
CBS Storybreak.jpg

123classic

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny
This subject again for the 5th year in a row? This is becoming a beat up old topic and all I can say that either you have some kind of mental condition or your stuck in fantasy land. i think a lot of classic cartoon fans have caught up to your bull of info and have really begun to realize that you making all of this up. All of this info is not true. 20th century Fox does not own Australia's Southern Star and never did. It was an hanna barbara company...also hanna barbara doesn't exist anymore and ceased operations back in 2001. Do some reseach first before you come up with stories like this. Also, CBS Storybreak has not been released on DVD any where in the world and mostly likely never will sadly. The cartoon series has and still is considered lost/public domain.

You come up with story after story after story every single year saying that Storybreak will be out on DVD. You have been saying the same stuff for 5 years with still no results. I have no idea where your getting your info from. But none of it is true and to me it fabricated. You probably respond to this will the same reply that you said to other folks on other forums who have called you called you out saying that you were making these information up and you know what i believe that they are right too. The only credible source you got this info from was your imagintive brain. Stop dreaming and spreading rumors and info that is definity false and have become laughable.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
123classic,

Are you so ...... You should get somewhat educated on a topic that you know nothing about.
There is an Australian version and everything I wrote is correct, I won't bother though to invest a minimal effort to educate you because I know I'll fail.

And by the way, I didn't find any significant contribution on your part on any subject, so you better not react at all. Learn how to search and you'll find....whatever it is. Haven't you noticed that forums of this type are for venting frustrations, and try to get some more info that isn't available otherwise? According to your reply, you don't.

I rest my case. Don't bother to answer

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
cheneekoo said:
There is credible information that some or all the episodes have been released in Australia by a combined group of companies that have full or partial rights. This group, '20th Century Fox Australia's Southern Star and America's Hanna-Barbera Productions for CBS Entertainment CBS Storybreak' their version probably compatible for region 4.

The question is if region 4 is viewable in the US and if it's retailed in Australia.
attachicon.gif
CBS Storybreak.jpg
What credible information? Where can you order it from in Australia? I have ordered a lot of dvds from Australia, but I do not see this series listed on any of the sites...
Please provide some actual information on where you can order this from in Australia, thanks.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Discuss facts and artistic opinions. Don't insult members. Another incident will result in loss of membership privileges.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
You can check the information contain in the following website:
www.bcdb.com › Other Studios › S › Southern Star

[*]
[/list]

This is a quote from this site. as I mentioned this database is usually credible. I advise you to ask BCDB where to buy that release.
"This Saturday morning anthology series adapted children's literature into cartoons to encourage youngsters to read.. CBS Storybreak Episode Guide -Southern Star- 1985 – 1988. ... Southern Star Productions, Hanna-Barbera Australia."

Mark Y

Screenwriter
The Big Cartoon Database (BCDB) reference above looks like just a descriptive listing from their site like many other of their listings, which mention series, the studio that produced and/or distributed it at the time, and usually a listing of episodes. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with something being or not being available on DVD. It's just an informational site with info contributed by fans.That is my understanding.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
Basically you're right, but reason for putting out the quote and link is because there are questions regarding the Australian version, whether it is true that is was released or not. If you know of a better link I'd thank you for that, In that reference in BCDB the Australian connection is specifically mentioned though.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
cheneekoo said:
Basically you're right, but reason for putting out the quote and link is because there are questions regarding the Australian version, whether it is true that is was released or not. If you know of a better link I'd thank you for that, In that reference in BCDB the Australian connection is specifically mentioned though.
Looking at the episode details show that the series was a joint production between Australia and the USA. No where is there any mention of the series being released.

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
That's exactly the point. in the past there were a few instances where people claimed that it was released to some extent in Australia. that's why I'm trying to find out whether it's true or not.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
cheneekoo said:
That's exactly the point. in the past there were a few instances where people claimed that it was released to some extent in Australia. that's why I'm trying to find out whether it's true or not.
As it is not listed on any of the Australian websites that sell dvds (that I have checked, of which there are 4) I would be inclined to think that it has not been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks