SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Terminator Genisys

Tagline: Reset the future

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller, Adventure

Director: Alan Taylor

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke, J.K. Simmons, Courtney B. Vance, Lee Byung-hun, Griff Furst, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Michael Gladis, Sandrine Holt, Wayne Bastrup, Gregory Alan Williams, Otto Sanchez, Matty Ferraro, Ian Etheridge, Nolan Gross, Seth Meriwether, Afemo Omilami, Teri Wyble, Kerry Cahill, Mark Adam, Kerry O'Malley, Willa Taylor, James Moses Black, Terry Dale Parks, Douglas Smith, Anthony Michael Frederick, Brandon Stacy, Brett Azar, Douglas M. Griffin, Thomas Francis Murphy, Joshua Mikel, John Edward Lee, Christion Troxell, Luke Sexton, Aaron V. Williamson, Tony Donno, Ernest Wells, Larry E. Lundy Jr., Ross P. Cook, Christopher Heskey, Moses Munoz, Lisa McRee, Seth Carr, Bryant Prince, Michael D. Anglin, John L. Armijo, Ari Atken, Mikiah Aubert, Terri Battee, Gregory Scott Bedford, Patrick Constantine Bertagnolli Jr., David Cleveland Brown, Carter Burch, Lori Campbell, Kyle Clements, Christopher De Stefano, Gillian Alaire Espina, Matthew Gallagher, Justin Goldsmith, Victoria Greene, Shawntae Hughes, Lizeth Hutchings, Jeffrey Johnson, Sergio Kato, Kevin Lapham, Mark Lavell, Justin Lebrun, Starlette Miariaunii, Mahal Montoya, Grinnell Morris, Bill Rainey, Gus Rhodes, Samantha Sadoff, William Schaff, Giovanni Silva, Nathan O'Neil Smith, Hannah Spiros, Todd T Taylor, Erica Teeple, Dennis Thomas IV, Joseph Velez, Edgar Leza

Release: 2015-06-23

Runtime: 126

Plot: The year is 2029. John Connor, leader of the resistance continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John's fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts; past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'll take a pass.

I stopped watching these after #2 (both of which were awesome). The rest are pure money grabbing drek.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I've got a weakness for these films so I'll definitely be checking this out. I quite enjoyed the third one. The fourth? Horrid.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Alf S said:
I'll take a pass.

I stopped watching these after #2 (both of which were awesome). The rest are pure money grabbing drek.
Ever since Carolco went bankrupt after Showgirls and Cutthroat Island, T3, 4 and 5 are new owners playing with their old broken toy that they got at a garage sale.
Sort of like those kids in third-world countries still wearing Ninja Turtles t-shirts from the 80's, displaying "Secondhand poverty" more than "Coolness".

(No, really, EVERY new Terminator owner has to show off his neato purchase, think he can get the franchise started again all by himself, and the resulting disaster sinks him into oblivion. Okay, so C-2 Pictures had Terminator 3, the Sarah Connor Chronicles and Basic Instinct II, but I don't think it was the latter that sunk them.
It's become the One Ring of franchises, greedily coveted by many, but destroying each owner it passes to, until it can return to the hand of the Dark Lord Cameron.)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I anticipate this will be the franchise-killing Superman IV/Batman & Robin of Terminator films. An embarassment to cyborgs everwhere. This will be Judgment Day all right—a real box office bomb.

The Entertainment Weekly feature with the over-the-top, open-mouthed, totally 'Shopped gun poses was bad enough, but then I read the film's plot summary and started a heroin addiction.

Example: Sarah Connor calls the T800 "Pops" because he raised her from a girl when her parents were killed by another terminator.

This teaser for the teaser trailer is so far doing nothing to alleviate my initial bad impressions.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Well, the T3 producers thought theirs would be a two-part movie, too...

(And I take it this Sarah Connor isn't the Linda Hamilton one, who's certainly in no position by now to call anyone "Pops"?)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The terminator sequels (4, 5 & 6) could have been cool. Part one about Kyle Reese and the birth of the resistance w/Connor as a voice on the radio. Part 2 Reese meets Connnor and they fight the different iterations of the terminators. Part 6 they attack the labs and Reese goes back time after the Terminator.

Terminator: Salvation was a great cast wasted on a dumb script. I'd had it when Moon Bloodgood's character gets shot down in her A-10 Warthog and looks like she just stepped off a fashion runway -- perfect hair, perfect teeth. Also, Helena Bonham Carter's scenes with Worthington were ridiculous.

I hope Genisys is good.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Watching the trailer reaffirms for me that I don't want to see this one for sure. Looks incredibly cheesy, cookie cutter, and cliche IMO.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Here is the official teaser poster
TG_Oversized_Teaser_Unrated_1Sht_V1-703x1024.jpg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
In ten years' time, Len Wiseman will see this pop up on the flickering television in his motel room, glance across to a slightly-overweight hooker who has squeezed herself into Kate Beckinsale's Underworld costume, and say, after wiping cocaine from his nose, "I think I might have directed that."

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks