What's new

Barnes & Noble 50% British TV Sale starts Dec 2 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I week before I had thought, but the annual 50% off British TV appears to starting.
The prices aren't all active yet, but some people wait for this sale like the rest of us wait
for the 50% Criterion Sales. I do not have any information on whether this is a 1 week or
2 week sale though normally this runs for 7 days.

As usual not every item is discounted online though it appears like 700DVD and over 100Blurays are listed as
included for now. As usual, the 50% sale is from MSRP and not whatever the price was last week.

Instore - 10% extra for member will apply and there are some sort of discount coupons (possibly 20 or 25% on an item) expected starting Thursday.

Current online only codes -- appears to expire 12/4 2:59am EST -- BN only allows one code per online order so these won't stack
BNEBATES14 20% off Single Item

20OFFDEC2 $20 off $100 purchase

BN10OFF75 $15 off $75 purchase

For late nighters
CMONDAY14 25% off single item code is active until midnight Pacific time -- a little less than 2 hours

David Mahlan

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping to pick up the Blu of the Granada TV "Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes", since that was the only one in the series I couldn't find at Costco. It doesn't look like it's part of this sale, though, as it still shows up at near full price.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Mahlan said:
I was hoping to pick up the Blu of the Granada TV "Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes", since that was the only one in the series I couldn't find at Costco. It doesn't look like it's part of this sale, though, as it still shows up at near full price.
Online there are exclusions. in store it should be pretty much everything.

If can find in stock or have them order it to the store for you then it should be discounted PLUS any additional discounts -- member and/or coupons

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BN coupons are available for this weekend

20% off single item, anyone can use. Single use coupons online or instore,

I have quite a few extras to give away. If anyone needs just send me a PM and tell me how many you
can use.

smurr051958

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott murr
I would love to get 1 of those 20% off 1 item codes but since I am new to this forum I cannot for the life of me find out how and where to PM you! Any help??? :huh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
smurr051958 said:
I would love to get 1 of those 20% off 1 item codes but since I am new to this forum I cannot for the life of me find out how and where to PM you! Any help??? :huh:
Hover your pointer over the username in the blue bar at the top of the message. A balloon should appear. Click "Send Message".

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Smurr051958 -- Email sent.

I have many of these 20% to give away so please ask for as many as you need otherwise they will expire unused
This set is active through Sunday night (12/7) in store and early Monday 2:59 am EST am online.

Most reports seem to indicate this sale will last through 12/15 . There are expected to be a similar set of coupons available for next weekend (usually sent to the mailing list Thurday) .

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Green Monday BN coupon -- nonmember, online only very similar to the CyberMonday coupons

25% off single item -- should be very nice for those looking for Doctor Who S8 after it is officially available on Tuesday morning, but you may
only have a couple hours of overlap since it expires 3am EST Tuesday and Doctor Who probably won't be active until sometime after Midnight Eastern -- usually Tuesday releases will be active some time b/w Midnight and 2am EST.

25% Off One Item Online Coupon GMONDAY14

This coupon can be redeemed online and valid only once per account.

Valid from December 8, 2014 at 12:01am to December 9, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some other codes active now through Dec 10 2:59am EST
Same deal -- no membership required, online only, single item, no preorders, single use per account, one coupon per order.

BNRMN09 20% off ('zero - nine' at the end not "ohh - nine" )
BNDEC09 20% off
BNDEC9 15% off

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If B&N were really interested in boosting sales, they'd make these coupons apply to an entire purchase, not just a single item. People would buy more.

When I was at the store last weekend, I had the 30% off any single item coupon. It was a shame to have to choose between multiple items I wanted, as the coupon only covered one. I would have bought them all if the coupon wasn't restricted.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DOCTOR WHO S8 is now available to be ordered and the GMONDAY14 25% coupon works -- for about 2.5 hrs anyway it;s
available for $33.74.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
B&N apparently doesn't give the 10% member discount on Online orders now.I am a fairly new 'member'. Has this been their policy all along, or is it a recent change.Reading about others dealings, I was under the impression that this benefit worked for both in store and online

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Went to the B&M, B&N and picked up Sharpe's Rifle, Sharpe's Eagle, Sharpe's Company, and Sharpe's Honour for half price in Bluray. Awesome series, love Sean Bean.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Richard,

The "whole" Sharpe's series is really wonderful and underrated in my opinion. Always look forward to when a new one comes out but has been a few years since the last one. Amongst the various great actors present throughout, this was primarily responsible for making me notice Sean Bean's work and particularly the late great Peter Postlethwaite. I have the Blu Ray Region B set from England. Would love to spring for the fancy limited edition release but too expensive - unless Santa comes around this year :)

Regards

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
B&N apparently doesn't give the 10% member discount on Online orders now.I am a fairly new 'member'. Has this been their policy all along, or is it a recent change.Reading about others dealings, I was under the impression that this benefit worked for both in store and online
I've only been a member since last year and the way it's been for me is that you only get the 10% in store but with an online order, you get free shipping.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
It changed in late 2010 or early 2011 I think. Free Shipping on all order was exchanged for the online 10%,
What you will find is a a lot of online items are priced 10-20% lower online than in store during non-sale times so
it sort of evens out a bit. Online Coupons and codes are a lot more common now as well even though they
don't have whole cart coupons, but with free shipping people have been known to split orders into 10 batches
of one item to max the discount when there are extra codes floating around.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's why I'm no longer a member. When they stopped offering the discount for online purchases a few years back, it was no longer worthwhile to me as I only get to their B&M store about 3 times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks