What's new

Maude complete series coming in March 17 (1 Viewer)

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
https://shoutfactory.com/tv/comedy/maude-the-complete-series

Again if you buy from Shout you will get the DVD a month earlier.

product_images_preview_MaudeTCS.72dpi__7B5c73439a-cb71-e411-bad0-d4ae527c3b65_7D.jpg

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
Wow, I thought that after all these years since season 1 was released, the rest of Maude would never see the light of day. Shout continues to serve up surprises. Now if they would only get off the stick and release the rest of Newhart....

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
This announcement is like getting an early Christmas gift. Among stalled TV shows on DVD, this is the one I've most wanted to see revived. (Hart to Hart was my 2nd most wanted revival, and Shout's already taken care of that.)

As my birthday is in February, I think this time I will go ahead and do the Shout pre-order to get it a month early as a present for myself.

One would hope that they'd be able to include the extras that were used when Season 1 was rereleased on that Norman Lear collection. But to be honest, as long as all the episodes are there, with hopefully no music-related edits, I will be satisfied.

Thanks for posting this, Ron!

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Powell&Pressburger said:
Wow my dream release! Well next to a complete series of One Day At a Time!Maude will be a pre/order thru Shout for sure. OMG I can't wait thanks for the news!
I want One Day At a Time also on DVD….I have the first season…hope thats Shout's next big release.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Given how they've been doing the Lear shows, including Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, I figured this was absolutely coming at some point. VERY happy that's sooner rather than later. A definite purchase for me! :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thrilled to see this coming. Shout has clearly developed a music clearance policy/method/relationship that is working very well for them, and for us.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
This is, indeed, great news!!!! I always enjoyed Maude ever since I was a child back in the 1970s. I look forward to adding this one to my ever-growing TV DVD/BD collection next year!!!!! I sure look forward to hearing Donny Hathaway's still-electrifying theme song once this one comes home in 2015--whenever it does!!!! :D

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Tina_H_V said:
This is, indeed, great news!!!! I always enjoyed Maude ever since I was a child back in the 1970s. I look forward to adding this one to my ever-growing TV DVD/BD collection next year!!!!! I sure look forward to hearing Donny Hathaway's still-electrifying theme song once this one comes home in 2015--whenever it does!!!! :D
Why wait! :D

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
From Shout…..
You asked. You asked again.
You asked a few more times.
We answered.
Maude: The Complete Series is coming to DVD in March.

http://bit.ly/1zJD6wN

1463561_10152907770541310_3726637073564526552_n.jpg

The news is getting a great response from fans on FB. Almost 600 likes and and lots of comments.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Awesome! Probably my second most-wanted stalled series. Now if Shout! could just do something with Green Acres.

MattHR

Screenwriter
This is awesome news!

It's too bad SF didn't include all four Checking In episodes with The Jeffersons complete set, since it's unlikely they'll get released on their own. If they ever do a complete set of Archie Bunker's Place (and I'd bet on it from SF), it'd be nice to have the six episodes of 704 Hauser as a bonus since, as with Checking In, it's doubtful they'd be released any other way. Gloria lasted a full season, so it's possible that could get a release of its own. Perhaps there could be a special collection of the Norman Lear "leftovers", Checking In, 704 Hauser and Gloria, to wrap up everything that can be traced back to All in the Family.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Truly great news.

I hope they get around to Diff'rent Strokes next. It's a childhood favourite of mine, and it would be a shame to see it left on the shelf, as I can't see any other company giving it a go.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
OMG! I have waited SO long for this day! Maude is my favorite show ever and this is one instance where I will bite the bullet and pre-order from Shout early despite the exorbitant shipping cost to Canada.

I really hope they can clear all the music. There were several telethon/talent show episodes as well as other instances of songs sung by the characters. To me, the most important are Carol's steamy version of "Fever" in "Musical '78", all the female cast singing "I Am Woman" in "Tuckahoe Bicentennial", Maude singing and quoting lyrics from "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree" in "The Tax Audit" and Carol humming "The Hustle" in "Walter's Ethics". If these are cut, some awesome jokes go with them.

I hope Shout can pull it off, though they did amazingly well with Designing Women, so I have faith.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

ps. Neil Brock told us two of the Lear shows would be getting this treatment. Unfortunately, this probably means One Day isn't happening, but perhaps they will change their minds and at least resume with Seasons 2-4 which are among the best anyway.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
WOW!! Never expected to see this!!

Happy for true fans of this series!!

Now if Shout! (which I don't complain about like a lot of others) could manage full series releases for ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE, GLORIA, and SANFORD I would be thrilled!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks