What's new

Choosing a receiver... I hope (1 Viewer)

clemson89

Auditioning
Real Name
brandon
Hey guys!I am new to the home theatre realm. As I get older I want less of a bachelor pad feel and more of an actual home feel to my house.I decided to grab the Creative D5x speakers. I bought 3 speakers and the subwoofer. Well after the speakers were already in transit I forgot to think about how they would connect to my TV to watch movies and play games and whatnot. It seems like these speakers are kind of ment to be hooked up to a phone or ipod for music.Is there a way to hook something like this up to my TV? I have a 3 year old Samsung Plamsa TV. Not a smart TV.Are there recievers that can hook up my 3 speakers and sub without a wire?If so where do I start? there seems to be such a wide variety of recievers out there. I dont need anything crazy, im not the kind of person that wants or needs super clear amazing sound.Any help would be appreciated!!!!

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Although pricey, Sonos has very well regarded wireless accessories, which will also allow you to wirelessly stream music from multiple sources.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sonos has nothing to do with this.The piece of electronics you need are either...A pre-pro.AVR with preouts. What are your sources? Cause you don't use your TV as the hub.Depending on your sources you might get away with a toslink switch and a $60-ish optical/MCH adapter.The speakers you bought aren't meant for what you want them to do. So it takes extra steps to make them work. (If you notice, the TV shown in the product brochures, isn't even on)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And oh yeah...This is going to be nowhere near "wireless". You aren't even going to be using the Bluetooth. Cause nothing in the AV world works over Bluetooth in this fashion.Well, unless your only sources are your cell phone/tablet/computer and you stream video to the TV while using the Bluetooth out of the device. Assuming your source devices are capable of streaming...and Bluetooth, at the same time.

clemson89

Auditioning
Real Name
brandon
So theres no way tofor the speakers to wirelessly connect to a receiver that had my sources?

clemson89

Auditioning
Real Name
brandon
What about these wireless adaptors I see for tvs? Also I tried to connect the red and white audio cords to the speaker but it doesnt seem to wanna play.

I assume this is because I am using HDMI for the video am I right? I tried to go into the tv settings and change the audio to external but it doesnt seem to work.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That speaker system is baffling in how cryptic it is. They are trying to make it appear like it does surround sound, but it seems it ONLY does 2 channel and is mainly intended for bluetooth sources. In the end, that means it is virtually useless for what you want to do. I'd return it and start over, but do your research before ordering anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks