What's new

International Great Francois Truffaut Blu ray box sets (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I just bit the bullet and ordered two big British blu ray collections of Francois Truffaut movies from the excellent Artificial Eye company, both for release on December 8 and both offering substantial pre-order discounts from Amazon.uk.
Most of these have been available as single editions but the box sets offer huge savings over individual discs, so deserve special notice.
I guess this should be in the International forum section but because of the importance of these releases, I thought it should be seen by as many Forum visitors as possible, especially by those with multi-region players.
First is 'The Francois Truffaut Collection' , with these movies: Shoot the Pianist, Jules & Jim, Soft Skin, Anne and Muriel (aka the Two English Girls on the Continent), A Gorgeous Girl Like Me, The Last Metro, The Woman Next Door, and Finally Sunday (aka Confidentially Yours).
The second box set is the complete Antoine Doinel cycle of five movies, on four Blu ray discs. I picked up both sets for about $122. Now I just have to sell off duplicates . Criterion standard DVDs of the Doinel cycle, and Criterion Blu rays of 400 Blows and The Last Metro .. which may, with luck, cut the price in half! .

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Came across this Blu-ray box set that was released in France last year by ARTE ÉDITIONS. It has The Bride Wore Black, The Wild Child, Mississippi Mermaid, A Beautiful Girl Like Me, The Story of Adele H, The Man Who Loved Women, Small Change and The Green Room. Some of the films were recently restored but unfortunately no English subtitles and presented in 1080i.

09a307fa-eec0-4d70-b8f9-bcef94f249af.__CR0,54,5000,3093_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks