What's new

Wireless HDMI solutions? (1 Viewer)

chrisjongriffin

Auditioning
Real Name
chris griffin
So here is the equipment I have and what I'm looking for, I have a MSI laptop and a PS4 that I would like to be able to connect to my Sony 165-Watt 7.2 Channel Wi-Fi Receiver (STRDN1050) wirelessly, I don't believe this should be much of a struggle. (I have them ordered, not at my house yet). From here I want to go to my BenQ W1070 projector, but rather than run a HDMI cord, I have seen HDMI dongles (similar to chromecast or miracast) which I believe should work. Any suggestions? I would still like to run everything through the amp to connect to all my speakers. And chromecast is limited to app support, I want a straight up screen mirroring from whatever is coming out my hdmi port. Imagine a invisible cable. There will be direct line of sight, and I cant imagine it being more than 30 feet from amp to projector.

Thanks in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are hundreds of options. Buy 2-3 different ones. Keep the one that works best, return the other two.Seriously.And wait...You want to connect two sources wirelessly AND send wireless to the projector...Good luck with the interference. Buy 10 of them, use the 3 that play nice...

chrisjongriffin

Auditioning
Real Name
chris griffin
I live very rural, so it is not a good option for me to buy/return stuff. there shouldn't be any issue with getting data to the reciever, its only the reciever projector that will have issues. Rather than dumping hundreds or thousands on options, and returning what I don't use, I was interested to see if anyone has already solved this, I can't imagine that running a projector wirelessly is that rare of a solution.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The projector won't be a problem.But...BenQ might be finicky with the MonoPrice, yet work well with Nyrius.Like back when...LG TV were all finicky with HDMI cat extenders. The only ones they liked were Vanco.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks