What's new

3D BWANA DEVIL (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
They also released TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS flat. If anything needed 3-D, that one did!

Considering the historical significance of BWANA DEVIL, 3-D is a must.

Did Fox issue a pan and scan blu-ray of THE ROBE? Was THIS IS CINERAMA released on blu-ray in 1.37:1?

You get the point...

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Rob_Ray said:
The ONLY reason to sit through BWANA DEVIL is to experience one of the earliest examples of 3D. The movie itself is a dud. If it's not in 3D, what's the point?
True, I remember seeing this in 80's-TV anaglyph (along with the Time for Beany short as glasses intro), and oh, Arch, what were you thinking??
They don't get more static than this one.

I have great difficulty believing that Shout wanted this one for cinematic value, and it has no cult value in 2D.
It could be that "No plans for 3D" merely mean that they haven't announced it yet, but it can't hurt to ask.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
There is no existing 3-D master. It would need to be created from the left/right elements and the film needs a lot of TLC to master properly.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe a KickStarter.Worked for Preaching to the Perverted. There were no plans for a BD of that movie till fans created a kickstarter...then said, "here, you have the money"...

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
They also released TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS flat. If anything needed 3-D, that one did!

Considering the historical significance of BWANA DEVIL, 3-D is a must.

Did Fox issue a pan and scan blu-ray of THE ROBE? Was THIS IS CINERAMA released on blu-ray in 1.37:1?

You get the point...
Done.

Was Flesh for Frankenstein released in 2D on DVD?

Was Friday the 13th Part 3D and The Stewardesses released in anaglyph 3D on DVD?

Yes. Very sad.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Done.
From the various postings on this forum, I get the impression that the actual restoration is the easy part.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have NO interest in Bwana Devil except as a 3D item. I can't understand any releasing studio not understanding that most film enthusiasts' interest in this movie would be because of its historical importance in the history of 3D.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The problem is their last two 3-D blu-ray releases did not do well so they're reluctant to do another.

AMITYVILLE 3-D was badly mastered and was in a box set with two flat films.

SECTOR 7 is an obscure Korean science-fiction film with bad reviews.

BWANA may not be a great film but it's important in the history of stereoscopic cinema. The title is instantly recognizable.

There is no existing 3-D master so we would need to do HD scans of the left/right materials and fix it shot-by-shot. As we have shown with THE BUBBLE and DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, we can create an optimum 3-D master for a great price.

sparky7

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
I never saw but " Bwana Devil " but did see " The Ghost and the Darkness " its suppose to be close to the same story. Would love to see " Bwana Devil " in 3D.

mark

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Bob Furmanek said:
The problem is their last two 3-D blu-ray releases did not do well so they're reluctant to do another.AMITYVILLE 3-D was badly mastered and was in a box set with two flat films.SECTOR 7 is an obscure Korean science-fiction film with bad reviews.BWANA may not be a great film but it's important in the history of stereoscopic cinema. The title is instantly recognizable.There is no existing 3-D master so we would need to do HD scans of the left/right materials and fix it shot-by-shot. As we have shown with THE BUBBLE and DRAGONFLY SQUADRON, we can create an optimum 3-D master for a great price.
You would have thought The Tower would have been chosen...instead of Ineptitude 7. (Pretty sure The Tower was already out and ready for disc when Shout picked up S7. Unless Shout has less money than IMG...But IMG is bringing us Romeo & Juliet part "who cares" w/ Orlando Bloom)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I rather liked "Sector 7". Not the worst 3D monster movie I've ever seen (that would be "Amphibious 3D").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks