What's new

Power outtage in the northeast, center channel speaker blown? (1 Viewer)

aschulz90

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
After a power outage (lots of brown out stuff prior too, eventually turned off the system to protect it). the center channel speaker on our 5.1 system isn't producing any sound. I put the receiver into two channel mode, hooked up the center channel to the left output and still no sound coming out of it. All other speakers seem to be working. It makes sense to me the center channel would be the most likely to be blown during a brown out. This is a pretty nice center channel speaker (I think my father spent about $170 on it, this is his system) is there anything that can be done to rescue it?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Next time this happens put the center on one of the channels that is working. The right or left channel in stereo mode would be perfect. That way you'll know if it's the speaker or the channel giving you issues.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ArmSC said:
Next time this happens put the center on one of the channels that is working. The right or left channel in stereo mode would be perfect. That way you'll know if it's the speaker or the channel giving you issues.
He did that already, said so in the originating post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks