What's new

Aladdin Diamond Edition 3D blu-ray tentatively scheduled for 10/6/15... (1 Viewer)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
According to today's edition of My Two Cents at www.TheDigitalBits.com Bill Hunt is hinting that there will be a theatrical 3D reissue of "Aladdin"(1992), on Sept. 18th, 2015 followed by a Diamond Edition 3D blu-ray release on Oct. 6th... :thumbs-up-smiley:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If they actually end up releasing a 3-D Blu-ray in the U.S., it would be a complete reversal of their current policy. I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise, there's always Europe.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Dick said:
If they actually end up releasing a 3-D Blu-ray in the U.S., it would be a complete reversal of their current policy. I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise, there's always Europe.
There was talk of Aladdin completing the "Big Four" back when they were expecting Mermaid to do well in theaters, so it could be that they had the mastered print already.
But again, ON disk? I'll believe blind optimism and outdated rumors when I see them.

(checks)...Oh, wait, Bill got it from the Disney Wiki. Never mind. :(

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I won't hold my breath for the theatrical reissue. I am very patiently waiting for the BD which, I feel, is way past due.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MatthewA said:
I bit the bullet and bought the UK version.
But not of the 3-D version. That hasn't shown up anywhere yet. The 2-D looks pretty awesome, but doesn't carry over many of the U.S. DVD features.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dick said:
But not of the 3-D version. That hasn't shown up anywhere yet. The 2-D looks pretty awesome, but doesn't carry over many of the U.S. DVD features.
I'm not yet sure the US Blu-ray will either, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven wrong this time.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I, too bought the UK Blu-ray. I tend to take the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack and replace the DVD with the one from the previous Platinum edition in order to retain all the special features and then pass along the DVD that came with the combo pack to a friend.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Do we have any idea yet which Disney films will make the leap from DVD to Blu-Ray in 2015?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The only non-animated ones to have done so this year came out in the Disney Movie Club as (so far) exclusives. Pretty poor showing for a company that is sitting on scores of fine live-action titles.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
PODER said:
Do we have any idea yet which Disney films will make the leap from DVD to Blu-Ray in 2015?
There was a rumor that the most marketably recognized live-action titles (like the Apple Dumpling Gang, but no word of 20K Leagues yet) would be the motif for '15, but can't recall which were in the announcement.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dick said:
The only non-animated ones to have done so this year came out in the Disney Movie Club as (so far) exclusives. Pretty poor showing for a company that is sitting on scores of fine live-action titles.
And the irksome habits that plagued earlier titles have not been broken. Lossy audio and no extras. If the DVD was bad, it's a step up. If the DVD was good, it's a trade-off. Not everyone collects multiple versions of films.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. I'm really torn on whether I want to add Aladdin (1992) to my Disney library.

Yes I really enjoyed Aladdin when it came out in 1992. It became my favorite Disney animated movie and I immediately bought it on VHS when released in 1993. Never got the DVD or any other Blu.

Reason I'm so torn is because it was released during a very dark and tough going period in my life. Won't bore you with details but for some reason, seeing this movie would dredge up those memories.
We shall see come October 2015.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The last time I purchased this movie was on DVD and I wouldn't mind owning on bluray and having it in 3D could be interesting so looks like I will be waiting for the reviews to come out before I pick this title up. The only thing is I hope they do not release it in 3D/2D 1080p bluray only to have it hit 4K UHD bluray the following year.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Ejanss said:
There was a rumor that the most marketably recognized live-action titles (like the Apple Dumpling Gang, but no word of 20K Leagues yet) would be the motif for '15, but can't recall which were in the announcement.
Oh, wait, I see my To-be-discarded DVD shelf includes "Escape to Witch Mountain", so I recall hearing the original and the sequel were being groomed for '15. Not sure about Herbie, though.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Some of the live action titles have already been released via the Disney Movie Club. They are:

The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)
Herbie Rides Again (1974)
The Love Bug (1968)

So for these at least it's a question of whether they get regular retail releases.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Brandon Conway said:
Some of the live action titles have already been released via the Disney Movie Club. They are:

The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)
Herbie Rides Again (1974)
The Love Bug (1968)

So for these at least it's a question of whether they get regular retail releases.
Just ordered all 4 of these titles from their website over the weekend... :thumbsup:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
LeoA said:
Where's The Parent Trap, Swiss Family Robinson, Old Yeller, and Pollyanna?
They'll be out. It's just a matter of time. I would hate to lose all those extras, though. I watched Old Yeller on Netflix; you won't be disappointed with the transfer when it comes out and the Buena Vista logo is back.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
MatthewA said:
They'll be out. It's just a matter of time. I would hate to lose all those extras, though. I watched Old Yeller on Netflix; you won't be disappointed with the transfer when it comes out and the Buena Vista logo is back.
Swiss Family Robinson also on Netflix

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks