What's new

Onkyo SKF 4800 with Polk CS1 center speaker (1 Viewer)

musiclover26

Auditioning
Real Name
Raghu
Hi,

I am trying to set up home theatre with this configuration. Could you please suggest of Onkyo SKF 4800 would work fine and music blends in with Polk speakers I am planning for

Receiver - onkyo TX-NR636
Left and Right - Onkyo SKF 4800
Center speaker - Polk CS1 (chose CS1, as it's coming for good price)
surround speakers - Polk RC65 CSI
Subwoofer - Polk PSW505

Thank you for your help!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
These are speakers you have not yet purchased????

It is always best to match your speakers (especially across the front). Speakers that are 'timbre matched' will sound the same. If the speakers are not timbre matched, a sound panning from left to right will sound different when it hits the middle speaker. In your case it would be best to get the matching center from Onkyo or the matching mains from Polk. The sub can be any brand you like (timbre is not important for the sub).

The second question I hat to ask is "Have you heard these speakers?". I'm guessing the Polks may sound just a little better than the Onkyos. Of course I could be wrong since I have not heard them.....

musiclover26

Auditioning
Real Name
Raghu
Thank you for your response Dave!

Yes, I did purchase Onkyo SKF 4800. But, I am yet to purchase Polk CS1 and RC 65i.
I heard to all these speakers and they sound great separately.Not sure how does it sound when I mix polk with Onkyo.. That my main concern.

How can I find if two sets of speakers are 'timbre matched' ? do I need to buy same brand speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks