What's new

Hardcore (2015) The first ever Action/Sci-Fi POV feature-film (1 Viewer)

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
I think this film looks great and promising. Footage from the film is on the link. As you can see Sharlto Copley the star of "District 9" and "Elysium" is in it. Trailer: And their violent music videos which is shot in the same style as the film in POV (No nudity in the videos, despite the women in bikinis):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYm-...zrIO9K0pmsGpVA

I'm eager to know what you think?

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
(So, the last twenty minutes of "Doom: the Movie" don't count?)

Don't fool yourself: POV is just Found-Footage without better cameras.

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
That film wasn't shot completly in POV, like this one. Hence, the title:

The first ever Action/Sci-Fi POV feature-film

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It didn't really work for me. POV works well for FPS games, because the POV is from the gamer's perspective as he/she interactively tries to attain a goal. I don't see myself wanting to pay 15 bucks to watch a video game without the interactivity, and the footage I watched really did come across as a live-action video "game".

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
matprat said:
That film wasn't shot completly in POV, like this one. Hence, the title:

The first ever Action/Sci-Fi POV feature-film
So, Earth to Echo didn't have any "action" in it, then?

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
I haven't heard of it before. But, looking at IMDB, i see it is a PG rated Family film. I doubt it's packed with actions scenes like this film, or is an action film at all. This will be R rated and violent.

Ok, enough of this nonsense. So, did you just come to this thread to doubt me and argue? Come on now, just drop it. You haven't said one single word what you thought of the video clip. This is my last comment on this topic. Understood? Great. Now, let's continue to discuss the film as i intended with this thread, and not anything else.

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
Edwin-S said:
It didn't really work for me. POV works well for FPS games, because the POV is from the gamer's perspective as he/she interactively tries to attain a goal. I don't see myself wanting to pay 15 bucks to watch a video game without the interactivity, and the footage I watched really did come across as a live-action video "game".
I see. It works for me. I look forward to see this unique film next year.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I didn't even make it through the trailer. It's just not for me so you guys have fun. Just because it works for video games doesn't mean it works for film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I saw the whole trailer. I didn't like it. And I love FPS video games because I AM in control. Not so much fun if someone else is. And a whole movie like that? Who knows it may turn out to be great but that trailer certainly isn't in my opinion.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Why are you surprised? Not everyone agrees on everything right? That's what great about this forum. We can disagree and discuss. Based on that trailer, I think the filmmakers are trying to recreate a FPS experience but are missing the point ie the player being in control. That's my take on it.

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
Because you state you like FPS games. Yeah, sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just said i was suprised to see that reaction from a FPS gamer. I thought most FPS gamers would like it. It's fine by me if you didn't enjoy the trailer.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm not surprised that I didn't like it because I'm not a fan of first person games. I much prefer third person action games like Uncharted and The Last of Us where you still are immersed and interactive but it looks and feels more like a movie. I always hate not being able to see your guy (except for the floating gun in front of you). Plus I hate how your character is most often a mute (or has no actual character himself) and the narrating and comments are left to other characters around you. Just a peronal preference, but I always get annoyed when a game is coming out that looks interesting and it turns out to be first person instead of third. With this, rather than looking like an actual movie done in the first person perspective, it looks like simply a recreation of a video game in live action and not an actual dramatic piece. Mute protagonist, holding the gun up in font your face to reload, etc...So this embodied everything I dislike about first person games and is definitely not for me. I could see the appeal, too a degree, for someone who enjoys first peron gaming. But I'm not sure this would appeal to many as an actual movie.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Tino said:
Are you affiliated with this film Mat?
And will someone please talk about it so he can feel cool? ;)

(Seriously: It sounded like a spam link, and you can't force discussions on those with a hammer--After that, the "C'mon, it's cool, why isn't everybody talking about it? I don't want bad discussions, I want good discussions!" just sounds increasingly desperate, especially since the majority seem to have passed on it, or at least simply think that "Really cool POV" isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, especially since it keeps reminding us of either better FPS video games or crappy found-footage horror films.
Sorry, but think this sandbox is going to be empty, and if you're not the producer and are just obsessively fan-geek stumping for it, you might just want to cut your losses.)

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
Tino said:
Are you affiliated with this film Mat?

No, not at all. Why would i be? Just because i posted a link to a trailer and some music videos, i am automatically involved in a film? Are you involved in this flm? No?, notice how unnecessary it is to ask that question.

I have posted in other threads here also. I would have stated so if i was involved in this film. I'm Norwegian. This a Russian made film in English language. This film has already been shot earlier. I just found out about a week ago. I am just a film buff, just like you are.

Enough of this doubtful and negative questions. I 'm done reading or replying to them anymore. I thought this was a suppposed to be a friendly forum. Not many friendly characters has responded to me so far. I don't think it will continue to post on this forum anymore, if it is this kinda behaviour i will be met with. :thumbsdown:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I asked because it sounded like you were. And you didn't sound very tolerant of differing opinions. We are a very friendly bunch here. We disagree frequently but we are eager to discuss our differences. It just sounds like you just want people to agree with you and dismiss those that don't. Sorry but that's how you came across to me. No offense.

matprat

Grip
Real Name
Robin
As i said i have no problem with people not liking the trailer or music videos. It's their opinion, which they are entitled, just as i am. It's not my film. I won't lose any sleep thinking about it. I just wanted to discuss why they didn't enjoy it.

"It just sounds like you just want people to agree with you and dismiss those that don't."

That is also completly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks