What's new

Porco Rosso (1992) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I was pleasantly delighted by this Miyazaki film. (I had not heard of it until it was released during a burst of other Miyazaki DVD releases.) It is a more light-hearted than many, but not less creative.

Looking forward to ordering it!

I am hoping to add most of the US blu-rays version via the DisneyMovieClub when they show up as my initial enrollment titles. I wonder how long it will take for these to show up as available through the club?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Porco Rosso is kind of an oddball film in that the soundtrack and story thread with the air pirates is light-hearted, but Porco Rosso, himself, is not. The character carries around a lot of survivor guilt and has a low opinion of humanity. The cave scene where she asks him tell her a story is a good example. The story at that point takes quite a detour into introspection. The dialogue about Heaven and his response has kind of stuck with me.

I'd like to get this as it is one of my faves when it comes to Miyazaki films ( second only to Nausicca), but I don't want to buy this and then find out that it is dubtitled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks