What's new

International Lolita 1997 German Blu ray (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Has anyone sighted this new release yet?
Any news of possible releases in other markets?
Any info will be greatly appreciated ... I think this is a fine movie, even more faithful to the novel than Kubrick's effort.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
AnthonyClarke said:
Has anyone sighted this new release yet?
Any news of possible releases in other markets?
Any info will be greatly appreciated ... I think this is a fine movie, even more faithful to the novel than Kubrick's effort.
I agree that this version is more faithful to the book than Kubrick's, but mostly due to the time in which each of them was produced. Lyne was able to get a little nearer to the erotic aspects of the Humbert/Lolita relationship than 1962 restrictions would allow, although it doesn't have the sense of humor Kubrick's had.

This movie is on its way to me, along with Blu-rays of DAGON and CAVEMAN (1981). I'll report on the disc shortly.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Stellar and beautiful transfer straight down the line. There is one "person" on another board who was going on about "revisionist" color changes - basing that on screen caps and the previous DVD. He was set straight about that poor DVD, but he had to have the last word. Take it from me, color here is perfection.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'll have to live with the lossy sound as this is such a great version of the novel. I wonder if the 'uncut' mention means it will have included some of the deleted scenes which are on my Australian DVD.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
AnthonyClarke said:
I'll have to live with the lossy sound as this is such a great version of the novel. I wonder if the 'uncut' mention means it will have included some of the deleted scenes which are on my Australian DVD.
It has all the deleted scenes, and a handful of shots that were never part of the US release, so it's completely uncut.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Got my copy a few days ago - Christmas mail was slow. Looks splendid...very theatrical in appearance with excellent color, sharpness, contrast, grain. There is a bunch of supplementary material including Adrian Lyne commentary, carried over from the domestic DVD. I'm very pleased with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks