What's new

Denon x1100w shuts off after 15-30min (1 Viewer)

bhim1296

Auditioning
Real Name
Bhim
Hi,

So I just purchased this receiver last night from BestBuy and it shut off on me 3 times last night and now once today. Last night I just used my old panasonic speakers for fronts and center...did not have surrounds. They were 4ohm speakers which this receiver should handle. Volume was low as I just wanted to test it out. The receiver kept shutting off after a few songs were played. I got home today and hooked up my Fluance XL towers and center only to test them out at low volume as the manual says the speakers need a breakin. The receiver shut off yet again after 15min or so. Right now it's been running for 40min without shutting off. Just waiting to see if it shuts off again.
Any ideas why this may be happening? Receiver has issues or is it something in the settings that I have to change? I do not have Eco mode on.

Thanks,
Vai

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pretty sure the 1100 is not 4ohm stable.Well, Denon USA shows it does handle 4ohm. Last years 1000 did not. Maybe you can't use eco with 4ohm...What does the manual say?

bhim1296

Auditioning
Real Name
Bhim
Hi Sam,

I used the 4ohm speakers for not too long the first night. Last night the fluance I hooked up turned off 2 times. Once after like 15 min and again after a little over an hr. They are 8ohm which this receiver should be able to handle without any issues. Manual says that the receiver can use 60hm without issue however at 4ohm might get warm but still work.

Better off exchanging it for another x1100w or s900?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Reading the "fine print"(more Denon ambiguity on the subject), the 3100w is "rated" for 4ohm where the 11/2100 are "able to drive" and "stable to"(respectively).Make sure you have no frayed wires(the Fluance causing shutdown is odd).Although, you do realize in 5 channel mode, the 1100 is only producing 45-ish wpc. The 21/3100 will produce 55 and 65. (Using educated guesses based on what they pull off the wall).

bhim1296

Auditioning
Real Name
Bhim
Turns out it was one of the amps in the receiver which was defective. I exchanged it last night and no issue as yet. Of course the bluetooth never connects but I read that in many posts. Once it connects to a phone you can play songs however it disconnects even 3 ft away from the receiver and then refuses to connect back to the phone. I did forget device and restarted my phone as well as the receiver. Still won't connect. Sigh...my old Denon is so much better than the junk they have now. The remote feels so light and cheap compared to my old one. The old one had so many functions where you can change subwoofer levels and other audio presets. This one has 4 buttons which do not control the sub nor do they have decent presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks