What's new

Onkyo remotes... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anybody know where to get one, other than OnkyoShop ($50) and remote.com($45).Amazon nor Ebay have the exact one...just the generic.Volume up/down don't work...will try to take the remote apart and clean...

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Odds are its been in your hand a lot and skin yes skin even on your keyboard as you type has a feast of hairs skin dust and might be alive with a strange new worlds and lifeforms to boldly, turn the keyboard upside down and give it patting and watch all that skin full out. Get a bit of cardboard and slip between the keys and watch all the hairs lift out.

So odds are for the remote its gotten sticky underneath that rubber mat. Get some or use that (cleaning alcohol) or who knows maybe a little kitchen cleaner spayed on tissue and wipe the around the back and watch the colour of the grime appear on the clean white tissue.

I cleaned a Yamaha remote some months ago and it was pig to get apart and then clean it and saw the tissue covered in green yuck.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It started having issues tonight. My GF and I were watching The Whore and the Whale*(La Puta y La Ballena) and couldn't turn up the tango music.*Great flick. Fans of AS-G should buy it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Onkyo remote is the universal remote.This is where the 708 is. The remote controls the whole show(if you've not used an Onkyo pre-programmed or "net programmed"*, you only need a Harmony/URC if you are controlling "outside audio and video" with 1 remote).*Net programmed will do entire setup of some devices. They won't control accessorry stuff like lights, unless those are learned in.The vast majority of Onkyo 7 series and up owners do not need an aftermarket remote.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I see. I've got a Harmony One for my remote. I've never tried to use my Onkyo as the primary remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks