– It Happened One Night – 1934
gallery_286742_24_1164761.jpg

– Sin City: A Dame to Kill For – 2014
gallery_286742_24_699196.jpg

– Pocketful of Miracles – 1961
gallery_286742_24_70223.jpg

– The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari – 1920

gallery_286742_24_105459.jpg

–Cinerama: Seven Wonders of the World – 1956 & Cinerama: Search for Paradise – 1957

gallery_286742_24_78025.jpg

– The Bubble – 1966

The Prices

The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs Amazon BestBuy Target 22 Jump Street $15.99 $15.99 $17.99 And So It Goes $11.99 Automata $12.96 Boy Meets Girl $22.46 The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari [1920] $15.99 Come Back to the 5 & Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean $24.99 Coming Home [1978] $12.99 Daffy Duck's Movie: Fantastic Island $9.79 Ed Wood's Dirty Movies $26.99 Forbidden Hollywood: Volume 8 $43.19 Frozen [Sing-a-Long Edition] $14.99 $14.99 Housebound $9.99 If I Stay $14.99 $14.99 $17.99 Into the Storm $14.99 $14.99 $14.99 It Happened One Night [Criterion Collection] $26.96 King of the Hill: The Complete Eighth Season $31.46 King of the Hill: The Complete Seventh Season $31.46 Masterpiece: Worricker Salting the Battlefield $19.99 Masterpiece: Worricker Turks & Caicos $19.99 Metallica: Some Kind of Monster $13.48 Moontrap $19.99 Pocketful of Miracles $12.99 Ragnarok $20.99 Reclaim $13.99 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For $14.96 $17.99 $17.99 The Third One $24.99 Twilight Zone: The 5th Dimension $194.99 When Comedy Went to School $24.95 The Wind Rises $17.99
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays Amazon BestBuy Target 22 Jump Street $19.99 $19.99 $19.99 And So It Goes $17.96 Automata $14.99 Boy Meets Girl $22.46 The Bubble 3-D $22.99 The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari [4K Restored] [1920] $18.49 Christmas Evil [Combo Pack] $22.48 Cinerama: Search for Paradise $49.95 Cinerama: Seven Wonders of the World $44.96 Come Back to the 5 & Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean $34.99 Coming Home $18.49 The Dark Half $22.47 The Dirt Bike Kid $26.96 Housebound $18.89 If I Stay [Combo Pack] $19.99 $19.99 $22.99 Into the Storm $19.99 $19.99 $22.99 It Happened One Night [Criterion Collection] $29.99 Kiki's Delivery Service $24.99 Masterpiece: Worricker Salting the Battlefield $24.99 Masterpiece: Worricker Turks & Caicos $24.99 Metallica: Some Kind of Monster $16.88 Monkey Shines $39.99 Moontrap $24.99 Pocketful of Miracles $18.49 Princess Mononoke $24.92 Ragnarok $21.99 Reclaim $21.23 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For 3-D {Combo Pack] $22.99 $22.99 $19.99 The Wind Rises $22.99

The Disclaimer

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain![/COLOR] If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you
want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]RoundUp[/COLOR]. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).
[font="Arial; font-size: x-large"]The Specials[/font]--Putting up the RoundUp a night early since the forum is going to be down for a bit Saturday night.

--At Best Buy, this week, an EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray release of 22 Jump Street. Includes 25 minutes of bonus content.
--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK release of the 3-D/Blu release of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

--Pre-order the following releases for $19.99 and get 100 My Best Buy Points:
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (EXCLUSIVE 3-D Blu MetalPak), Guardians of the Galaxy (EXCLUSIVE 3-D Blu Steelbook), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (EXCLUSIVE Blu CP Steelbook), The Expendables 3 (Blu CP), Giver (Blu CP), Big Hero 6 (Blu CP).
--Best Buy is also advertising Lets Be Cops this week for $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu.
--Best Buy Odds and Ends: None to report.
--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE Steelbook RELEASE of 22 Jump Street on Blu.
--Target is also advertising EXCLUSIVE bonus content with its Blu release of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

--Target is advertising $7.50 in FREE movie money to see Penguins of Madagascar with the purchase of any of the following kid's movies this week:

$8.99: Madagascar (DVD), Rio (Blu), Madagascar Escape to Africa (DVD), Madagascar 3 (DVD).
$12.99: Epic (Blu), Ice Age: Continental Drift (Blu).
$17.99: Madagascar: Complete Collection (DVD).

--Target has an EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray Combo Pack release of the film version of Annie listed in their flyer this week. I cannot read the fine print, but it looks like the release will include some kind of movie cash/voucher to the upcoming new version of Annie coming to theaters

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike!

I really want all of the Miyazaki releases this week, but with them being so expensive, I can only afford one right now (and this is why I wish they wouldn't release them with so many at once and/or offer discounts if you buy more than one at a time.) The Wind Rises is the one for right now, and I'll try to get the others later on down the line.

Also might look into the Annie combo pack, although I have no interest in the remake.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for putting the RoundUp up early. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the forum maintenance tomorrow night. :)I'm picking up It Happened One Night on Tuesday. I'll get The Bubble, Pocketful of Miracles and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari soon. I'll also rent Sin City 2 at some point.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be reviewing It Happened One Night, but it hasn't gotten to me yet. I also wish I had gotten the requested Jimmy Dean and Pocketful of Miracles, but, alas, it appears it's not to be.

Looking forward to watching The Bubble which I preordered weeks ago.

Thanks, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered Pocketful of Miracles. A blind buy for me. I'm really looking forward to it (and Remember the Night--which arrived yesterday from TCM and is another blind buy for me!).

And I pre-ordered a copy of It Happened One Night at my local Barnes & Noble store (something I was advised to do by the store staff when I was in picking up a number of titles earlier this week. They said the new release Criterions tend to go quickly during these sales.).

I would love to see Cinerama's Seven Wonders of the World (and Search for Paradise) sometime...but these prices are way too steep for me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I spoke too soon. What should arrive in the mail today but Come Back to the 5 & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean! I hope to have the review up tonight.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing this week. There's a lot on my list in the next few weeks, so might as well be responsible and not splurge right now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. I have It Happened One Night on its way from the Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble. I may pick up Sin City when it gets cheap, as it would be a blind buy.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Mike! All of the Miyazaki's this week are making me appreciate the Disney Movie Club. If you have finished your commitment, you can get them for ~12 bucks each this month after buying another movie at full price.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
"Pre-order the following releases for $19.99 and get 100 My Best Buy Points:Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (EXCLUSIVE 3-D Blu MetalPak), Guardians of the Galaxy (EXCLUSIVE 3-D Blu Steelbook), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (EXCLUSIVE Blu CP Steelbook), The Expendables 3 (Blu CP), Giver (Blu CP), Big Hero 6 (Blu CP)."I may be overlooking, but for Guardians I was seeing It for $27.99. Is the preorder in store for $19.99?Thanks

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeremy: I wish I could be more clear about that...but that's what it says in the ad.

It is NOT clear if $19.99 covers the entire cost of the purchase...or is simply an outlandishly large down payment to "authorize" you to buy the disc there (in their mind, I suppose, to let you "lock in" the purchase there--in case there's a world-wide run on the item and you can't find one anywhere else).

What I would hope is true is that by pre-ordering--and securing your business/purchase--they are giving you a good deal on the title.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike2001 said:
Thanks Mike! All of the Miyazaki's this week are making me appreciate the Disney Movie Club. If you have finished your commitment, you can get them for ~12 bucks each this month after buying another movie at full price.
I think I'm going to try to get that pile in my next re-enrollment at DMC. I trying to see if there are now 9 or 10 Disneys I can buy in one big purchase to do the re-enrollment and fulfillment all at the same time. I did that once and it saved a significant chunk in S&H charges.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Thanks again for always doing this, Mike!

I really wanted to get Princess Mononoke, but the dubtitle issue might be a dealbreaker for me. I'd like to think it might be corrected and re-issued, but apparently the same thing happened on Castle in the Sky and was never corrected. I wonder what happened there.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
Be responsible?!? :eek:

What kind of stunt are you trying to pull?!? :biggrin:
Yeah, I know. :rolleyes: If you saw the amount I spend at Jo Ann's and Michael's this weekend on yarn, you'd laugh me right off the HTF. :wacko:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've had it pointed out to me that some of the Amazon links in the grid were bad...

They have been fixed and the RoundUp OP has been re-posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks