What's new

Gravity (Diamond Luxe Edition Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

118022_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Andy,

I was at Warner Bros. about 2-3 weeks ago.

One of the top priorities I had was discussing the awful 5.1 release of GRAVITY.

I was told that a Dolby Atmos 7.1 version was forthcoming.

I am *guessing* this is it. However, as always, will await a press release.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I assume that 3D fans are missing out on this release. I am sure WB will triple dip but strange no plans for the ATMOS / Silent options for 3D. This package was almost perfect. (Even this cover art almost screams lenticular)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Powell&Pressburger said:
I assume that 3D fans are missing out on this release. I am sure WB will triple dip but strange no plans for the ATMOS / Silent options for 3D. This package was almost perfect. (Even this cover art almost screams lenticular)
If it's not 3-D and Atmos then I'll pass and wait for when both are present on a BD release.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Andy,

I was at Warner Bros. about 2-3 weeks ago.

One of the top priorities I had was discussing the awful 5.1 release of GRAVITY.

I was told that a Dolby Atmos 7.1 version was forthcoming.

I am *guessing* this is it. However, as always, will await a press release.
lol, Ron, are you hard of hearing or having a bad day? It was the best mix for dialogue panning I have listened to in decades and I doubt any film before the end of this decade will equal GRAVITY dialogue panning. I didn't care much for the sound effects it was the dialogue as it felt so cinematic over all the other films of today that have dialogue anchored in front of the centre channel. Well I truthfully did like the sound effects the Foley was good. All those bumpy sound/noises when they handle objects with their gloves, is fairly accurate.

Well have you ever placed earplugs in your ears and when walking around you hear THUMB! THUMB! with each footstep and I tried some imaginary hand movement at picking things up or handling an object and I can hear mild thumbing noises transmitting though my arms to my head to my ears to my mind at very speed fast.

Well I might buy it again and if atmos takes off in the next few years and prices lower on top of the line AVR models of the year for £150.00 or end up on ebay being sold cheaply cos one wants the next line of 10D TV vision and the current models don't have it, get what I mean? They often get sold on ebay. So I can wait a few years. GRAVITY is not going to grow legs and start running off at 17,500 feet per second. :D

Oh btw, I liked GRAVITY with PLIIx movie, switched ON and that placed some mission control to shuttle voices behind on the x4 JBL on back wall at present , during shots where the camera is constantly moving about and the sound is slowly changing with those moves or if going around the other way if Clooney is jet-packing EVA around while playing county music. And with some overhead and below seating matrix expansion surround I'm surrounded by GRAVITY. :P

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Andy,

Let me clarify....

It was awful because the film won an Oscar for its sound mix.
Warner's release was an insult to that recognition.

I heard it in 7.1 while visiting Dolby over a year ago.

For Warner not to have originally done a 7.1 release when everything else
they were issuing had those specs, is a downright negligent, awful thing to do.

You can sit there all you want and praise the 5.1 mix. I thought it was good, too.

However, why stop there? A 7.1 mix would have been even better. An Atmos
mix will trump everything else.

So, no, I am not hard of hearing nor having a bad day.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This one does have Atmos, people on AVS found promo posters for this release that mentioned Atmos.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
okay Ron, I agree with you, its was bit cheap of Warner Bros taking such a cheap route and skipping on the Dolby TrueHD 7.1. I wonder if they will let us have the next release for FREE since we already paid for it and it was insult to skip on 7.1 and give us 5.1.

I thought it was Dolby 5.1 as the composer mentioned it in he extras? So maybe to mislead us?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Announced today, Dolby Atmos for Home was named the Grand Winner in the entertainment category of this year’s Best of What's New Awards from Popular Science Magazine.

Each year, the editors of Popular Science review thousands of products in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year; breakthrough products and technologies that represent a significant leap in their categories. Along with the other winners, Dolby has been awarded inclusion in the much-anticipated December issue of Popular Science, the most widely read issue of the year. This issue is available on newsstands today and a summary of our Grand Award win can also be viewed online here.

You may also be excited to hear that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced that the Diamond Luxe edition of Gravity will be released featuring a Dolby Atmos soundtrack on Feb. 10, 2015.

Gravity director Alfonso Cuarón has said that watching the film in Dolby Atmos is as important as seeing it in 3D and has explained, “When I started mixing my films, I was always asking for possibilities in the mixing room that were not achievable. Now finally with Dolby Atmos it’s a dream come true where you can really exploit the possibilities of depth and separation as never before.” Here’s a link to a video interview where he talks about how he used “sound" to tell a story – even though there is no sound in space.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
Announced today, Dolby Atmos for Home was named the Grand Winner in the entertainment category of this year’s Best of What's New Awards from Popular Science Magazine.

Each year, the editors of Popular Science review thousands of products in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year; breakthrough products and technologies that represent a significant leap in their categories. Along with the other winners, Dolby has been awarded inclusion in the much-anticipated December issue of Popular Science, the most widely read issue of the year. This issue is available on newsstands today and a summary of our Grand Award win can also be viewed online here.

You may also be excited to hear that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced that the Diamond Luxe edition of Gravity will be released featuring a Dolby Atmos soundtrack on Feb. 10, 2015.

Gravity director Alfonso Cuarón has said that watching the film in Dolby Atmos is as important as seeing it in 3D and has explained, “When I started mixing my films, I was always asking for possibilities in the mixing room that were not achievable. Now finally with Dolby Atmos it’s a dream come true where you can really exploit the possibilities of depth and separation as never before.” Here’s a link to a video interview where he talks about how he used “sound" to tell a story – even though there is no sound in space.
It's too bad Warner is going to release it three different times on BD before we're able to see it in 3D with Dolby Atmos. :angry: I usually defend the studios, but in this case, I can't do it. So, I'll patiently wait until Warner does this title right and release it in 3D with Dolby Atmos.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Johnny Angell said:
If it's atmos, will that also include a 7.1 mix that a non atmos system can use?
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Dolby Atmos converts to 7.1 mix on such systems.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
If it's atmos, will that also include a 7.1 mix that a non atmos system can use?
It will also be 5.1 backward and Dolby Stereo backward if you AVR doesn't support TrueHD dtsHDMA the mix is will only play as Dolby Digital 5.1 or if no has Digital then its just stereo though pro-logic.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, it is a Dolby TrueHD track with extra meta data, if you can't decode the extra data it plays back in whatever dolby configuration you have.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wayne_j said:
Yes, it is a Dolby TrueHD track with extra meta data, if you can't decode the extra data it plays back in whatever dolby configuration you have.
Correct!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Just so odd more talk of how much the director loves the 3D and the best audio but we are given 2D as the only option. I am going to hate syncing this up to play the audio from one BLU to watch the old 3D disc.The anazon France listing notes 3D for their Feb 15 release. take that for that the listing is for now.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Powell&Pressburger said:
Just so odd more talk of how much the director loves the 3D and the best audio but we are given 2D as the only option. I am going to hate syncing this up to play the audio from one BLU to watch the old 3D disc.The anazon France listing notes 3D for their Feb 15 release. take that for that the listing is for now.
This is such a brazen attempt to get people to triple dip. There will be a 3D with atmos later. I've got a solution..don't fall for it. When the 3D with atmos does come out, it'll be priced to sell at $30+. At that price, I'll stick with my 5.1 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks