What's new

Little House on the Prairie Season 4 Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm not even half-way thru Season 2 yet, but if they keep puttin' em out, I'll keep buyin' em!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
3850.png
[font="Arial;font-size:11pt;color:#000000;text-align:justify"]Return to life on the prairie with Charles, Caroline, Mary, Laura and Carrie Ingalls when [/font]Little House on the Prairie - Season Four Deluxe Remastered Edition[font="Arial;font-size:11pt;color:#000000;text-align:justify"]arrives on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD), DVD (plus Digital) and Digital HD [/font]January 20[font="Arial;font-size:11pt;color:#000000;text-align:justify"] from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Boasting 22 newly restored and remastered uncut broadcast-length episodes from Season Four, the 5-disc set also includes the fourth installment of the all-new 40[/font]th[font="Arial;font-size:11pt;color:#000000;text-align:justify"] anniversary-themed documentary, "The Little House Phenomenon Part Four: A Day in the Life of Little House."Experience each memorable moment in high-definition for the first time when [/font]Little House On The Prairie - Season Four Deluxe Remastered Edition[font="Arial;font-size:11pt;color:#000000;text-align:justify"] arrives on Blu-ray and DVD for the suggested retail price of $24.99 and $21.98, respectively. Little House on the Prairie fans can now also watch every episode from all nine seasons currently available on Digital HD.[/font]​

The adventure and drama continues for the beloved Ingalls family in Season Four of this treasured American-classic TV series. Life on the frontier brings trials and triumphs in this 22-episode season that includes a disappointing trip to Chicago, a devastating drowning followed by Laura's kidnapping, crime and outlaws in Walnut Grove, love and marriage for Nellie, a surprise family inheritance, Caroline's pregnancy, Mary's tragic blindness and more. Newly restored and remastered for optimal picture and sound, enjoy each episode in its original brilliance, and relive every touching moment of this unforgettable season.

[font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*[/font]

[*]"The Little House Phenomenon Part Four: A Day in the Life of Little House" Documentary
[/list][font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]CAST[/font]
[font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]Melissa Gilbert - TV's[/font] Zoya, [font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]TV's[/font] Family of Strangers, [font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]TV's "Sweet Justice"
[/font][font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]Michael Landon - [/font][font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]TV's "Bonanza," TV's "Highway to Heaven" [/font]
Lindsay Greenbush - TV's "Matt Houston"
Sidney Greenbush - Sunshine
Karen Grassle - Wyatt Earp, TV's "Murder She Wrote"
Melissa Sue Anderson - Happy Birthday To Me, TV's "The Love Boat"
[font="Arial;font-size:11pt"]PROGRAM INFORMATION[/font]
Year of Production: 1977
Title Copyright: Little House on the Prairie, Cover Art and Design © 2015 NBC Studios, Inc. NBC and the Peacock design are Registered Trademarks of the National Broadcasting Company, Inc. LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE® and associated character names and trademarks are owned and licensed by Friendly Family Productions, LLC. All rights reserved.
Type: TV on DVD
Rating: Not Rated
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Family, History
Closed Captioned: NA
Subtitles: English SDH
Feature Run Time: 19 Hours
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
DVD Format:4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 2.0 DTS HD Master Audio and Spanish and French 2.0 Dolby Digital

DVD Audio Status: English, Spanish and French 2.0 Dolby Digital

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mr. Handley said:
I'm not even half-way thru Season 2 yet, but if they keep puttin' em out, I'll keep buyin' em!
+1. We just started season 3 at my house. It's fun to see how much the girls grew over the hiatus between seasons.

And I loved the fact that Landon wrote into his own screenplay for episode three of Season 3 (The Race) that all three Ingalls girls needed new shoes! :biggrin:

Pre-ordered (using the HTF link!) I'll look forward to receiving this on January 20th from Amazon...along with my Blu copy of On Golden Pond! :thumbsup:

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Darn it . I've been watching 2 a week since the first season came out on Bluray so I'm just a few weeks away from the end of season 3. I'll have to have a hiatus now .
At these very nice prices they can release them a bit faster

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'll continue to buy these even though I already bought the entire series in iTunes HD.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Woo hoo! Glad to see the Blu releases continue! Having mostly remembering seeing this show in syndication, I was never sure which season Mary went blind in. Anderson did a great and believable job playing blind.

I see Carrie wasn't worthy of making the cover this season.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Oliver Ravencrest said:
I see Carrie wasn't worthy of making the cover this season.
that was one of the first things I noticed as well, wonder how that is going to work for season 5 when Albert shows up

also, as great as this is, it does make me whish that WB would be doing the same for The Walton's,

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
How do they keep releasing this series in blu-ray at this price point yet for the Honeymooners, the Andy Griffith Show, and I Love Lucy the prices are sky high? I'm not a fan of Little House, mainly due to being forced to watch it when my sister had control of the tv...ah the memories of a family only having one tv to share, but i'm happy for everyone else who loves the series and the fact they can get it on blu-ray at a consistent rate as well as a very good price.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense even when you take into account all the extra effort that went into I Love Lucy.

Did they even do new transfers for this season 1 Blu-Ray of The Andy Griffith Show, like I think they did for the other two? Not that I think it's bad looking, it just seems like their older HD transfer, only with the limitation of the 480p DVD resolution lifted.

And with the efforts of CBS where the transfer and restoration work is concerned, they also have the benefits of syndication to help shoulder the cost. Yet as best as I can tell, CBS, the syndicator of Little House (As far as I'm aware), has no access to this Little House restoration judging by their syndication bible.

They're being done completely for home video and streaming, it appears. Yet we're still getting ~$15 Blu-Ray season sets out of the deal.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I know I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show are older shows than LHOTP but the videos quality is a million times better on LHOTP and much cheaper to buy. I bought the I Love Lucy Blu Ray and was very very disappointed in the picture quality.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
For me, it isn't that I think the LHOTP transfers are any better than what CBS did for I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith, its just that the DVD's for LHOTP were so much worse than the other shows on DVD that it makes the upgrade to blu-ray that much more significant.

I think CBS did a great job on putting together the blu-rays of ILL and TAGS with all the remastering and extra's. I think LionGate is actually doing the bare minimum for LHOTP. Though I'm not complaining because they've taken care of the most important aspect and selling it for a cheap price.

I think in the end, we are dealing with two different companies with different motivations. I think LionGate saw an opportunity to make some quick money selling to the masses a product that wasn't handled well the first time. While i think CBS is in no hurry for selling HD content. They've done all this work across so many shows in preparation for future syndication and streaming that isn't even in full swing yet for them. They don't need to make a quick buck. I think they have a plan for rolling all this out over a longer period of time.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
dana martin said:
that was one of the first things I noticed as well, wonder how that is going to work for season 5 when Albert shows up
And that's the season where her character gets the most screen time in "The Godsister" episode.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Mr. Handley said:
Was she ever worthy? :)
She contributed a lot, she ate all the berries, fell down that mine shaft and annoyed Laura a few times! Just being an Ingalls should be enough. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks